- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Johansson for Orrefors 'Fleur' Modern Crystal Vase
- CreatorOrrefors (Manufacturer)
- DimensionsHeight: 7.5 in (19.05 cm)Diameter: 5 in (12.7 cm)
- StyleModern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture20th Century
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationNew York, NY
- Reference NumberSeller: S138XX - 75181 - 03211stDibs: LU889323099072
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: New York, NY
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Manufacturer
The Swedish design philosophy of “beautiful things for everyday life” is actualized in the vintage glassware of Orrefors. Founded in 1898, this glass manufacturer was one of the leading companies in the Scandinavian modernism movement and is revered by collectors for the fine craftsmanship and innovation of its superlative art glass.
Orrefors began making art glass — works that, distinct from mass-production pieces, are made in small numbers to showcase the skills and talents of artists and artisans — in 1913. Two of the first artists hired by the firm were Simon Gate and Edward Hald, who worked initially in the organic Art Nouveau style, and later proved adept with the geometric imagery of the Art Deco period.
Hald and Gate worked closely with glassblowers to refine traditional glassmaking methods, creating new materials such as "graal" glass. In the graal technique a design made with colored glass is encased in layers of transparent glass, preserving the image while the overall glass form is worked and shaped. Orrefors won an international following when it presented such pieces in Paris in 1925 at the Exposition Internationale des Arts Décoratifs et Industriels Modernes — the design fair whose name gave rise to the term Art Deco.
In the years following that success, Orrefors attracted more dynamic and experimental artists such as Vicke Lindstrand and Edvin Ohrström, who joined the company in the 1930s. Lindstrand and Ohstrom worked with glassblowers to create the "ariel" glass technique, an innovation that produces deeper, richer imagery that seems to morph and flow as light is refracted by the glass.
As you will see from the items offered on 1stDibs, there is a special aesthetic quality to vintage Orrefors glass. Whether a vase or a set of wine goblets, the work of this premier Swedish company represents the apex of functional artistry.
- Sven Palmqvist for Orrefors Swedish Mid-Century Modern Kraka Art Glass VaseBy Sven Palmquist, OrreforsLocated in New York, NYSven Palmqvist for Orrefors Swedish Mid-Century Modern Kraka art glass vase in colorless glass with controlled bubble motif. Underside has signature and maker and 1944 date mark as w...Category
Vintage 1940s Swedish Mid-Century Modern VasesMaterials
Art Glass$640 Sale Price20% Off
- Nils Landberg 'Sommerso' Smoked Charcoal Cased Vase for OrreforsBy Orrefors, Nils LandbergLocated in New York, NYA Swedish vintage 'sommerso' glass vase, produced circa 1950's -60's by designer Nils Landberg (1907-1991) for Orrefors, with smoked charcoal interior, cased within a clear layer. Ma...Category
Mid-20th Century Swedish Scandinavian Modern GlassMaterials
- Lars Hellsten for Orrefors Modern Crystal BowlBy Lars Hellsten, OrreforsLocated in New York, NYLars Hellsten for Orrefors modern ribbed crystal bowl, marked on the bottom.Category
Late 20th Century European Modern Decorative BowlsMaterials
Crystal$440 Sale Price20% Off
- Modernist Lead Crystal VaseLocated in New York, NYA Mid-Century Modern geometric lead crystal vase. Formed to look like a bubble in a larger block of crystal. Includes a hole at the top big enough for a single flower. The piece is i...Category
20th Century Mid-Century Modern VasesMaterials
Crystal$665 Sale Price30% Off
- Modern White Ribbed Glass VaseLocated in New York, NYModern white glass vase in tubular shape with ribbed bands effect.Category
Late 20th Century Unknown Modern VasesMaterials
Glass$360 Sale Price20% Off
- Strombergshyttan Swedish Modern Glass VaseBy StrombergshyttanLocated in New York, NYStrombergshyttan Swedish modern heavy glass vase, circa 1960s, etched mark on the bottom. Measures: 9" H x 5.5" W x 5.25" D.Category
Vintage 1960s Swedish Modern VasesMaterials
Glass$520 Sale Price20% Off
- Orrefors Scandinavian Modern Lead Crystal Clear Fleur Vase Jan Johansson SwedenBy Jan Johansson, OrreforsLocated in Miami, FLOrrefors Scandinavian Modern lead crystal clear fleur vase Jan Johansson Sweden. Stunning fleur pattern tulip vase made in Sweden, signed and numbered underneath. The vase is heavy...Category
Vintage 1970s Swedish Mid-Century Modern VasesMaterials
- Vintage Swedish Orrefors Modern Rectangular Crystal Flower Bud VaseBy OrreforsLocated in Dayton, OHVintage Orrefors Sweden tapered, rectangular modern crystal vase. Signed, original sticker. Measure: 7".Category
Late 20th Century Modern VasesMaterials
- 1960's Swedish Crystal Vase by OrreforsBy OrreforsLocated in Paris, FR20th-century vintage modernist crystal vase signed by Swedish makers Orrefors. This chic statement decorative piece is highlighted by its modern design and thick curved cut. Signed ...Category
20th Century Swedish Modern VasesMaterials
- Orrefors Mid-Century Modern Vase in Thick Cut CrystalBy OrreforsLocated in San Diego, CABeautiful crystal vase signed by Orrefors in excellent condition.Category
Late 20th Century Swedish Hollywood Regency VasesMaterials
- Midcentury Crystal Vase by Nils Landberg for Orrefors, 1950sBy OrreforsLocated in Esbjerg, DKThick organically shaped crystal vase. Number 3225 designed by Niels Landberg and manufactured at Orrefors in Sweden during the 1950s. The vase is marked, signed and numbered to the ...Category
Vintage 1950s Swedish Mid-Century Modern VasesMaterials
Crystal$169 Sale Price20% Off
- Crystal Bud Vase, Orrefors, SwedenBy OrreforsLocated in New York, NYMid-Century crystal bud vase. Never used and still in original box. Retains original marking sticker.Category
Mid-20th Century Swedish VasesMaterials