- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Rose Colored Murano Table Lamp by Donghia
- CreatorDonghia (Designer)
- DimensionsHeight: 32 in (81.28 cm)Diameter: 16 in (40.64 cm)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture2009
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Lamp is in excellent condition whilst the shade has a few very minor scuffs due to it's vintage age.
- Seller LocationToronto, CA
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU874930903782
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Toronto, Canada
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
With distinctive style touches like gray flannel upholstery and overstuffed seating, American designer Angelo Donghia (1935–85) was a visionary leader of bold interior design and furniture in the 1970s and ’80s. Although Donghia lived only to age 50, by the time of his death from AIDS-related pneumonia, his name graced numerous furniture and decor companies, in addition to his own interior designs.
After graduating from Parsons School of Design in 1959, Donghia joined the interiors firm of Yale R. Burge, and his star rose quickly from there. By 1963, he had been appointed vice president and in 1966, partner — a move that came with a name change for the firm to Burge-Donghia Interiors. In 1968, he founded the fabrics and wall coverings company & Vice Versa, and in 1978 he founded Donghia Furniture. With this holistic approach, Donghia was able to oversee nearly every element of an interior design project, which, for him, spanned everything from corporate offices (notably PepsiCo’s world headquarters in Purchase, New York) to the Metropolitan Opera Club at Lincoln Center to residential interiors for clients such as Diana Ross and Ralph Lauren.
After he inherited Burge’s firm, he continued to develop its reach as Donghia Associates. He opened a series of showrooms around the country to offer his designs to a wider audience, who loved the company’s marriage of minimal forms with luxe materials. His silver-foil ceilings, mixing of eclectic textile patterns and plush furniture set trends and, through mass marketing, influenced the direction of American interior design.
“I feel that I’ve developed my own style that is as classic and minimal as the ’30s style it reflects,” the designer once told New York magazine. In 2015, the retrospective “Angelo Donghia: Design Superstar” at the New York School of Interior Design chronicled his influence on all facets of modern interiors, from furnishings to wall coverings. It’s an approach that still resonates today. Donghia continued to operate as a company after his death, acquired by the Rubelli Group in 2005. After it filed for bankruptcy in 2020 and closed its showrooms, its name, designs, archives and inventory were acquired by Kravet.
Find authentic Donghia furniture today on 1stDibs.
- 1970’s Pale Pink Murano Selle PendantLocated in Toronto, ONThis is a gorgeous pale pink or "blush" coloured Murano pendant light. The "petals" surround a brass plated five light , four tiered frame. The light is wired for North America and ...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Chandeliers and PendantsMaterials
- Teak “Zig Zag” Floor LampLocated in Toronto, ONThis ever popular Canadian designed and made vintage teak “zig zag” floor lamp is in excellent condition and sports a new parchment shade. The lamp is as much a floor lamp as it is a...Category
Vintage 1960s Canadian Mid-Century Modern Floor LampsMaterials
- Vintage French Directoire Guéridon Occasional TableLocated in Toronto, ONThis stunning finely crafted gilt bronze detailed guéridon with granite stone top and mid shelf are supported by three bronze colored metal sabre legs.Category
1990s French Directoire GueridonMaterials
Granite, Metal, Ormolu
- Original Blur Poster Designed by BanksyLocated in Toronto, ON“Released in October 2003, "Good Song" by Blur was the third and final single from their acclaimed seventh studio album "Think Tank". The poster is in very good condition considering...Category
Early 2000s English PostersMaterials
- Jimi Hendrix Photograph by John RowlandsLocated in Toronto, ONFamed Canadian photographer, John Robert Rowlands has been photographing music celebrities since 1960, and in his 61 years of business, his work has taken him around the world. He ha...Category
2010s Canadian PhotographyMaterials
- Pair of "Bouloum" Chaise Longue by Olivier MourgueBy Olivier MourgueLocated in Toronto, ONThis iconic fibreglass cast lounge chair is suitable for indoor or outdoor (great by the pool) applications. It is designed by French designer Olivier Mourgue in the 1960's for Airbo...Category
Vintage 1960s French Mid-Century Modern Chaise LonguesMaterials
- Cenedese Signed Bottle or Flask in Frosted Black & Clear Colored Murano GlassBy CenedeseLocated in Landau an der Isar, BayernCenedese signed drinking flask / perfume bottle or decanter in black and clear coloured frosted glass, Murano, Venice circa 1990-2000. Perfect as a gift - just imagine a romantic eve...Category
Late 20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern BarwareMaterials
- Set of 6 Crystal Colored Wine Glasses Made by Val Saint LambertBy Val Saint LambertLocated in Casteren, Noord-BrabantBeautiful set of 6 crystal colored wine glasses, made by the Belgian manufacturer Val Saint Lambert. The glasses have a deep, clear color and beautiful cuts. The inside of the trunk ...Category
Vintage 1950s Belgian Mid-Century Modern BarwareMaterials
Crystal$633 / setFree Shipping
- Set of 6 Crystal Colored Liquor Glasses Made by Val Saint LambertBy Val Saint LambertLocated in Casteren, Noord-BrabantNice set of 6 crystal colored liquor glasses. In good condition, nicely cut.Category
Vintage 1960s Belgian Mid-Century Modern BarwareMaterials
- Set of 8 Crystal Colored Wine Glasses Made by Val Saint LambertBy Val Saint LambertLocated in Casteren, Noord-BrabantBeautiful set of 8 crystal colored wine glasses, made by the Belgian manufacturer Val Saint Lambert. The glasses have a deep, clear color and beautiful cuts. The inside of the stem i...Category
Vintage 1950s Belgian Mid-Century Modern TablewareMaterials
Crystal$845 / setFree Shipping
- Murano Glass Fish Decanter Bottle by Seguso AlabastroBy Archimede SegusoLocated in Van Nuys, CAThis piece is a limited edition, Mid-century decanter by Seguso Alabastro for Girolamo Luxardo in Torreglia, Italy. The bottom of the decanter is a rock-style formation in clear gla...Category
Vintage 1950s Italian Mid-Century Modern BarwareMaterials
Glass, Art Glass$804 Sale Price8% Off
- Set of 11 Crystal Colored Wine GlassesLocated in Casteren, Noord-BrabantBeautiful set of 11 crystal French wine glasses. With beautiful grinding work. Nice quality, very bright colours. The set is in very good condition.Category
Vintage 1960s French Mid-Century Modern BarwareMaterials