Items Similar to 1953 Royal Coronation Flag Bunting 13.5 Metres View More
1953 Royal Coronation Flag Bunting 13.5 Metres
A Rare And Historical Royal Coronation Flag Bunting From The Coronation Of HRH Queen Elizabeth 2nd, June 2nd 1953 Due To The Size This Bunting Would Have Been Used Strung Across A Road Or Over A Building For One Of The Many Street Parties Held To Celebrate This Royal Occasion The Flags Have Been Attached To A Natural Rope, They Are All Natural Cotton And British Made The 13 Flags Are Alternately Hung, Landscape, Portrait Along The Length Of The Bunting 6 Hang Landscape And 7 Portrait The Flags Are All The Same Design, They All Feature 'The Royal Arms' The Queens Royal Coat Of Arms. The Dexter Supporter Is A Crowned English Lion, The Sinister A Scottish Unicorn, According To Legend A Free Unicorn Was Considered A Very Dangerous Beast; Therefore The Heraldic Unicorn Is Chained The Flags Have 'British Made' Printed In The Corner The Flags Measure 55Cm X 84Cm Each There Are A Total Of 13 Flags On The Bunting The Total Length Of The Bunting Is Approx 13.5 Metres Long One Of The Flags Has Been Torn In Two Places But All The Fabric Is There So Could Be Repaired Some Of The Flags Have Colour Transfer Where They Have Been Used And Stored, Some Of The Red Ink Can Be Seen In Places Across The Paler Areas Some Of The Flags Have Wear To The Bottom Edges And Corners, We've Added Photographs To Show All This, Please Just Ask If You Would Like More Details Or Information
- Of the PeriodMid-Century Modern
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1953
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsOne of the flags has 2 tears but the fabric is complete so could be repaired Some areas of slight red dye transfer has occurred on the paler areas through use and storage, this is shown in the photographs
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 33.08 in. x W 531.5 in. x D 21.66 in.H 84 cm x W 1350 cm x D 55 cm
- Seller LocationHastings, GB
- Seller Reference Number1953 CORONATION BUNTING
- Reference NumberLU3311313287492
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2017
Located in Hastings, GB
You may also contact the seller by phoneCall seller through 1stdibs
More From This Seller
1953 HRH Queen Elizabeth 2nd Coronation Framed ...
Vintage 1950s British Mid-Century Modern Political and Patriotic Memorab...
1953 Queen Elizabeth 2nd coronation framed flag. This is a vintage and original flag made for the coronation, street parties and celebrations in 1953. There are some age related ma...
King George VI Coronation Framed Flag 1937
Vintage 1930s British Georgian Political and Patriotic Memorabilia
KING GEORGE VI CORONATION FRAMED FLAG 1937 This is a vintage and original flag made for the coronation, Street Parties And Celebrations In 1937 There maybe some small age related m...
1937 King George VI Coronation Framed Flag
Vintage 1930s British Art Deco Political and Patriotic Memorabilia
1937 King George VI Coronation framed flag This is a vintage and original flag made for the coronation, Street Parties And Celebrations In 1937 There are some age related marks as ...
King Edward VII Coronation, June 1902 Framed Flag
Antique Early 1900s British Edwardian Political and Patriotic Memorabilia
King Edward VII coronation, June 1902 framed scarf / flag This scarf is an original antique piece of British history and patriotic memorabilia This was made for the celebration of ...