Items Similar to Exceptional, Blonde Wooly Angora Chaps, ca 1880-1920
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 7
Exceptional, Blonde Wooly Angora Chaps, ca 1880-1920
Exceptional, blonde, wooly, angora chaps, Circa 1880-1920 Wooly chaps made of leather and canvas, faced with dyed Angora, unsigned, but beautifully graphic and of exceptional quality. The blonde color, scale, and state of preservation are of particular interest. Mounting: The solid walnut frame is of exceptional quality, custom made to size, dovetailed and with wafered corners. The mount was carefully stitched with wire. A deep shadowbox was constructed. The glazing is U.V. protective plexiglass. Condition: There is some expected wear and loss from obvious use.
- DimensionsHeight: 50.5 in. (128.27 cm)Width: 42.75 in. (108.59 cm)Depth: 4 in. (10.16 cm)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1880-1920
- ConditionSee Item Description.
- Seller LocationYork County, PA
- Reference NumberSeller: otx-0221stDibs: LU849723868882
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Ships From: York County, PA
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in York County, PA
5 / 5
These prestigious sellers are industry leaders and represent the highest echelon for item quality and design.
Established in 1991
1stDibs seller since 2008
47 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 2 hours
More From This Seller
- Located in York County, PAWOOLY, Angora chaps with beautifully tooled leather, made by the JOHN CLARK SADDLERY COMPANY OF PORTLAND, OREGON...Category
Antique Late 19th Century American More Folk ArtMaterials
- Located in York County, PAMade of black walnut, with a wonderfully dovetailed case, the top section has two arched, tombstone, glazed door...Category
Antique Late 19th Century European CabinetsMaterials
WoodPrice Upon Request
- Located in York County, PAPaper mâché pig, a butcher’s shop window decoration, made by Old King Cole Paper Mâché Company, Canton Ohio, cir...Category
Antique Late 19th Century North American Sculptures and CarvingsMaterials
- Located in York County, PARemarkable patriotic schoolchild watercolor by Morris Twitchell, illustrating the original 13 colonies plus verm...Category
Antique Late 18th Century American PaintingsMaterials
You May Also Like
Pair of American Whaling Woolies
Located in Nantucket, MA
Extremely rare and important pair of woolwork pictures depicting American whale ships. The first picture depicts a brown-hulled whale ship with false gunports. The port view depict...
Antique Mid-19th Century American Folk Art More Folk Art
19th Century Matched Pair of Sailor's Yachting Woolies
Located in Nantucket, MA
Very unusual 19th century matched pair of sailor's Yachting Woolies, circa 1870, a true pair of woolworks featuring mirror images of the same Yawl rigged yacht, and period photograph...
Antique Late 19th Century English Folk Art Nautical Objects
Vintage Swiss Handforged Cow Bell with Leather Strap, ca. 1920
Located in Berghuelen, DE
A large handforged and gilded iron cow bell from the Swiss alps manufactured around 1920. The bell comes with its black leather strap with buckle (most probably later replaced). Thes...
Early 20th Century Swiss Black Forest Mounted Objects
Exceptional 18th Century Rocking Horse
Located in Helsingborg, SE
Exceptional 18th century Swedish wooden rocking horse in original color with great proportions and detail, circa 1750 The condition is very good. The horse is structurally good an...
Antique Mid-18th Century Swedish Rococo Toys and Dolls
Rare Ironer Stove, France, circa 1880
Located in Paris, FR
Ironer pan with side body in cast iron and sheet iron. Chimney flue making a heating table, France, end of the 19th century. Measures: The base with the fireplace measures 20.1 i...
Antique Early 1900s French More Folk Art
1920s Cigar Advertising Clock
By Gilbert Clock Co
Located in Peekskill, NY
The center of this amazing advertising display is a 1920 Gilbert Observatory 8 day 1/2 hour strike clock. It's make an impressive display that is almost 6 foot tall. This clock was c...
Early 20th Century American Folk Art More Folk Art
Antique Horn and Porcelain Tobacco Pipe, 1880
Located in Berghuelen, DE
A hunters pipe made of porcelain. With surface-mounted hunting scenes like stags, wild birds, hunting dog and a poacher which steels the game from the sleeping hunter. On the lid a f...
Antique Late 19th Century German Black Forest More Folk Art
1880s Odd Fellows Lodge Banner from Dakota
Located in Santa Monica, CA
Early 1880s Odd Fellows Lodge all-seeing eye banner from Centerville, Dakota. Excellent hand painting and lettering. Centerville was platted in 1883. Dakota became the states of Nort...
Antique 1880s American Folk Art Signs
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery