This amazing little gem is very early example of a sampler or child's hand hooked rug mounted on stretcher frame. The entire rug including the fringe is hand woven in very early country colors. It is all hand-sewn on cotton linen.
- CreatorUnknown (Maker)
- Of the Period
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacture1840-1860
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionGood. Excellent Used Condition.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
W 14.5 in. x D 20 in.
W 36.83 cm x D 50.8 cm
- Seller locationLos Angeles, CA
- Seller reference numberEarly Mounted Hand Hooked New England Miniature Rug
- Reference numberLU79719776991
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2004
Typical response time: <1 hr
Located in Los Angeles, CA
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like