Items Similar to Old Igbo "Izzi" Elephant Mask, Nigeria, African Sculpture
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 11
Old Igbo "Izzi" Elephant Mask, Nigeria, African Sculpture
Important mask with beautiful a patina over paint and sculpting note, heads on both sides. Acquired from an old private collection.
- CreatorIgbo People (Workshop/Studio)
- DimensionsHeight: 20 in. (50.8 cm)Width: 9.5 in. (24.13 cm)Depth: 11 in. (27.94 cm)
- StyleTribal (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1920
- ConditionRepaired: long repaired crack on right side of elephant's face (as shown). Wear consistent with age and use. long repaired crack on right side of elephant's face (as shown).
- Seller LocationSharon, CT
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU3438315878212
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$175 Standard Parcel Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 3-5 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Ships From: Sharon, CT
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in Sharon, CT
5 / 5
These expertly vetted sellers are highly rated and consistently exceed customer expectations.
Established in 1989
1stDibs seller since 2018
83 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
More From This Seller
- By Baule TribeLocated in Sharon, CTA brass tag was nailed to the back. This interesting and slightly shocking means of identification, tells us mo...Category
Antique Late 19th Century Ivorian Tribal Tribal ArtMaterials
You May Also Like
African Igbo Coiled Copper Manilla Currency, 20th Century, Nigeria
Located in Austin, TX
A large and attractive copper spiral manilla currency piece, Igbo tribe, Nigeria, early to mid-20th century. The large currency piece formed as a coiled spring and comprised of tw...
Mid-20th Century Nigerian Tribal Tribal Art
Nocturnal Bird Mask, Nigeria, Africa, circa 1950
Located in San Pedro Garza Garcia, Nuevo Leon
Very beautiful mask with large pronounced eyes with the circular cavity shape. The mask depicts a nocturnal bird that can see in the darkness and manifest the presence of divinities ...
Mid-20th Century Nigerian Tribal Masks
African Nigeria Epa Helmit Mask with Provenance
Located in Atlanta, GA
An Epa helmet mask, Nigeria, Africa. Fully carved mother and child; painted red and black with touches of white; Provenance: The Children's Museum of Indianapolis; The Eiteljorg Mu...
Vintage 1950s Nigerian Tribal Tribal Art
African Helmet Mask 'Gelede' from Yoruba Nigeria
Located in San Francisco, CA
Blacked wood helmet mask (Gelede), large human head surmounted by a dog eating a snake which curves around the head. No perforation for attachment to costume from Yoruba, Nigeria. Pu...
20th Century Nigerian Tribal Figurative Sculptures
Igbo Bottle form Vase
By Igbo People
Located in Chicago, IL
This tall, bottle-necked vase was created by an artisan of the Igbo People of Nigeria. Bottle forms, once common in pre-historic West African ceramics, are rare in the historic recor...
Early 20th Century Nigerian Tribal Vases
African Tribal Art Igbo or Igala Cast Bronze Bell, West Africa, Nigeria
Located in Miami, FL
Traditional Tribal Art cast bronze bell from the Igbo People in West Africa. Made by the lost wax process by the Igbo or Igala metalsmiths. Africa tribal bells were used for a variet...
Antique 19th Century Nigerian Primitive Tribal Art
Decorative African Tribal Mask
Located in Sagaponack, NY
A hand carved tribal mask with bent metal and nailhead ornamentation.
20th Century African Tribal Tribal Art
African Mende Helmet Mask
Located in Chicago, IL
This helmet mask created by the Mende people of Sierra Leone was made for the women of their tribe to wear while dancing. Commissioned by women for their initiation ceremonies, the m...
Mid-20th Century Sierra Leonean Tribal Tribal Art
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery