Big Miracle Chandelier by Bakalowits & Söhne, Vienna Austria, circa 1960
- Production TimeAvailable Now
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1960
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsPerfect condition, brass polished, glasses are in a very good original condition, a few glasses were reground / glass sanded, all rewired
- DimensionsH 55.12 in. x Dm 39.38 in.H 140 cm x Dm 100 cm
- Diameter39.38 in. (100 cm)
- Seller LocationMunich, DE
- Reference NumberLU98009181331
Delivery, Returns & Payment
- DeliveryRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
About Bakalowits & Sohne (Manufacturer)
For more than 170 years, lovers of chandeliers and builders of monumental public buildings have looked to Bakalowits of Vienna for dramatic lighting. In addition to the Vienna State Opera and the parliament building in the Serbian capital of Belgrade (home to one of the world’s largest crystal chandeliers), the company has created light fixtures for cruise ships, palaces, and other splendid spaces around the world since 1845. Five generations later, Bakalowits is still family owned.
Awarded a Royal Warrant—and a commission for the Redoutensaele concert halls in the Hofburg Palace—by Emperor Franz Josef in 1892, Bakalowits began patenting its designs in 1928. Production slowed dramatically during World War II, but the company’s fortunes revived dramatically after the war as European cities began the painstaking process of rebuilding.
Far from stuffy, Bakalowits designers have frequently captured the exuberant spirit of modernism. As you will see on these pages, whether your tastes run to traditional grandeur or contemporary chic, Bakalowits has a lighting fixture for you.