Items Similar to Late 19th Early 20th Century French Louis XV Style Gilt Bronze Sconces View More
Late 19th Early 20th Century French Louis XV Style Gilt Bronze Sconces
A very fine pair of Louis XV style gilt bronze sconces from France, late 19th or early 20th century. Beautifully cast in the traditional manner with all the sumptuous movement of the Rococo period, each having three arms issuing from the plate and adorned with acanthus leaves and charming floral motifs reminiscent of forget-me-nots. Were originally cast to allow for electric wiring, and can be wired again after client's preference, or used as is to hold candles creating a beautifully dramatic effect. Please note that the left sconce has two extra mounting holes in the plate whereas the right sconce does not. Happy to provide more photos upon request. Price as is.
- In the Style Of
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1900
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsThe pair presents in beautiful condition. Recently professionally cleaned. Ready for installation as is, or can be rewired for electricity. Age appropriate wear and some fading of gilding. Please see photos which form part of the condition report.
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor fading.
- DimensionsH 15.5 in. x W 12 in. x D 7 in.H 39.37 cm x W 30.48 cm x D 17.78 cm
- Seller LocationCold Spring, NY
- Sold AsSet of 2
- Reference NumberLU3028311036293
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
No Reviews Yet
1stdibs seller since 2017
Located in Cold Spring, NY
You may also contact the seller by phone
More From This Seller
Hand-Carved 19th Century Louis XVI Style Side C...
Antique Mid-19th Century European Louis XVI Side Chairs
Exquisite pair of hand-carved Louis XVI style side chairs of walnut. Crest carved with ribbon ties, on fluted legs. Possibly Northern Italian, 19th century, circa 1850 Newly upholst...
Early 20th Century Danish Mahogany Desk by Otto...
Early 20th Century Danish Other Desks
Grand and beautiful mahogany desk by Danish furniture maker Otto Meyer, made in 1918. Elegant, stately and masculine, with a glimpse of Art Deco style, as well as hearkening back to ...
French 19th Century Marble Top Etagere
Antique Late 19th Century French Sideboards
Beautiful French marble topped etagere from the late 19th century. This lovely sideboard of burled walnut veneer and wood inlay, is mirror backed with basketweave rails and carved pa...
Danish 19th Century Chest of Drawers
Antique Early 19th Century Danish Rococo Commodes and Chests of Drawers
Gorgeous antique 19th century Danish 'Bombe' commode of walnut with parcel gilt carving. In the Rococo style of 18th century Royal furniture-maker Mathias Ortmann. Sumptuous detailin...