A beautiful candlestick table lamp made from polished and sculpted brass, French circa 1900. Lobed base with molded graduated levels, some textured and one gadrooned. Grooved, textured embellishments decorate the raised sections of the base. The hexagonal stick features further gadrooning and more grooved, textured decoration to match the base. Simple geometric molding terminates with a scalloped edged dish that supports the painted plaster faux candle. The 14" white linen shade has a gentle curve and banded top and bottom rims.
- Of the Period
- Place of origin
- Date of manufactureEarly 1900s
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionGood. Rewired to US standards. Minor discoloration on brass..
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
H 31.5 in.
H 80.01 cm
- Diameter8.5 in. (21.59 cm)
- Seller locationAustin, TX
- Seller reference numberZ71
- Reference numberLU86901576292
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2009
Typical response time: 1 hr
Located in Austin, TX
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like