- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Pair of "Tessuto" Table Lamps by Venini
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Milan, Italy
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
About the Manufacturer
Beginning in the 1930s — and throughout the postwar years especially — Venini & Co. played a leading role in the revival of Italy’s high-end glass industry, pairing innovative modernist designers with the skilled artisans in the centuries-old glass workshops on the Venetian island of Murano. While the company’s founder, Paolo Venini (1895–1959), was himself a highly talented glassware designer, his true genius was to invite forward-thinking Italian and international designers to Murano’s hallowed workshops to create Venini pieces — among them Giò Ponti, Massimo Vignelli, Finnish designer Tapio Wirkkala, Thomas Stearnsof the United States and Fulvio Bianconi.
Paolo Venini trained and practiced as a lawyer for a time, though his family had been involved with glassmaking for generations. After initially buying a share in a Venetian glass firm, he took over the company as his own in 1925, and under his direction it produced mainly classical Baroque designs. In 1932, he hired the young Carlo Scarpa— who would later distinguish himself as an architect — as his lead designer. Scarpa, working in concert with practiced glass artisans, completely modernized Venini, introducing simple, pared-down forms; bright primary colors; and bold patterns such as stripes, banding and abstract compositions that utilized cross sections of murrine (glass rods).
Paolo Venini’s best designs are thought to be his two-color Clessidre hourglasses, produced from 1957 onward, and the Fazzoletto (“handkerchief”) vase, designed with Bianconi in 1949. Bianconi’s masterworks are considered by many to be his Pezzato works — colorful vases with patterns that resemble those of a patchwork quilt. Other noteworthy and highly collectible vintage Venini works include Ponti’s dual-tone stoppered bottles (circa 1948); rare glass sculptures from the Doge series by Stearns, the first American to design for the firm; Vignelli’s striped lanterns of the 1960s; the Occhi vases with eyelet-shaped patterns by Tobia Scarpa (son of Carlo); and, with their almost zen purity, the Bolle (“bubbles”) bottles designed by Wirkkala in 1968.
With these works — and many others by some of the creative titans of the 20th and 21st century — Venini has produced one of the truly great bodies of work in modern design.
- Lamp Manufactured Venini StyleBy VeniniLocated in Milan, ITLarge ceiling or table lamp style of Venini, circa 1970's. Tessuto glass shade emphasized by the brass ring.Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Flush MountMaterials
- Pair of "Lucilla" Table Lamps By Gianfranco FrattiniBy Gianfranco Frattini, Carmellini&tronconiLocated in Milan, ITRare pair of Lucilla table lamps by Gianfranco Frattini for Leuka, later produced by Tronconi. Two lighting sources: top mirrored bulb as main one, then a lot of small bulbs behind ...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Table LampsMaterials
- Rare Pair of Table Lamps by Carla VenostaBy Carla VenostaLocated in Milan, ITRemarkable pair of "Libera geometria di una Stella nascente" table lamps by Carla Venosta. "Free geometry of a rising star" evocative name features opaline and transparent methacryl...Category
1990s Italian Table LampsMaterials
Plastic$2,850 / set
- Pair of "Idra" Table Lamps by Toso for LeucosBy Leucos Design Lab, Rosanna TosoLocated in Milan, IT"Idra" Murano glass table lamps by Rosanna Toso for Leucos. White shaded crystal glass with pale with pink glass decorations.Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Table LampsMaterials
Metal$2,911 / set
- Pair of "Flores" Table Lamps by P. Nava for LeucosBy Paolo Nava, Leucos Design LabLocated in Milan, ITRemarkable set of two "Flores" table lamps by P. Nava for Leucos.Category
1990s Italian Table LampsMaterials
- Marvellous Pair of Stilnovo Table LampsBy StilnovoLocated in Milan, ITScarce pair of table lamps by Stilnovo. Huge pieces, with milky glass and aluminium details. Following the Max Ingrand lesson for Fontana Arte, this piece has two-light sources, on...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian Mid-Century Modern Table LampsMaterials
Metal$6,031 / set
You May Also Like
Vintage 1980s Italian Mid-Century Modern Table Lamps
Mid-20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern Table Lamps
Vintage 1940s Italian Table Lamps
Vintage 1970s Italian Hollywood Regency Table Lamps
Vintage 1960s Italian Mid-Century Modern Table Lamps
Vintage 1940s American Table Lamps
Vintage 1970s Mid-Century Modern Table Lamps
Mid-20th Century Unknown Mid-Century Modern Table Lamps
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern Table Lamps
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery