A large late 19th century Italian, probably Florentine, highly decorative superbly carved giltwood cushion mirror. This mirror consists of a cresting to the top, superbly carved with two lions at its crest. This leads down to a deep, superbly carved giltwood and ivory painted cushion frame decorated with scrolling foliate. The mirror has original bevelled glass in all sections and both the frame and glass are in excellent condition for age. The frame has beautiful patina and minor loss of paint and gilt in areas which signifies its antique age.
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturecirca 1880
- ConditionGood. Original antique condition. Some age to mirror, minor chips on gesso frame. But still retains its beautiful water gilding..
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. Minor fading.
H 4 ft. 2 in. x W 3 ft. 0 in. x D 4 in.
H 127 cm x W 91.44 cm x D 10.16 cm
- Seller locationNew York, NY
- Reference numberLU88745839863
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2010
Typical response time: <1 hr
Located in New York, NY
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like