- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
American Dresser Top Vanity Mirror by Paul McCobb for Bryce Originals
- CreatorPaul McCobb (Designer),Bryce Originals (Manufacturer)
- DimensionsHeight: 22 in (55.88 cm)Width: 28 in (71.12 cm)Depth: 10 in (25.4 cm)
- StyleMid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1952
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationNew York, NY
- Reference NumberSeller: 080109031stDibs: 0603238040156
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: New York, NY
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
You could call Paul McCobb a man of parts. As a furniture designer, his work combined the attributes of many of his now better-known peers. Like Bauhaus designers such as Ludwig Mies van der Rohe and Marcel Breuer, McCobb's furniture had purity of form and line. Like the designs of Florence Knoll and George Nelson and his associates, McCobb’s work was efficient and purposeful. And even like George Nakashima, he was adept at interpreting traditional forms, in particular those of chairs, for the 20th century.
More than any other designer beside Russel Wright, with his ubiquitous ceramic tableware, McCobb was arguably responsible for the introduction of modern design into middle-class American households — if for no other reason than that he designed the 1952 set for the original Today show. McCobb also designed cohesive lines of furnishings, such as his best-known Planner Group, that gave homes an instant “look.” McCobb designed for several companies, most notably Directional, the New York firm that also produced designs by other legends, such as Paul Evans and Vladimir Kagan.
The signal aesthetic attribute of McCobb designs is that he completely forsook ornament — his pieces have no flourishes. And yet, because they are honest — the chairs, desks and tables are made of solid wood, usually maple or birch, often paired with frames and legs of wrought iron; the cabinets are traditionally scaled; the seating pieces have historic antecedents such as the Windsor chair — McCobb’s mid-century modern work has warmth and presence.
As you can see from the offerings on 1stDibs, vintage Paul McCobb designs are the pin-striped suit, or the little black dress, of a décor: an essential.
- French Vanity Mirrors by Roger Lecal for Chabrieres & Co.By Roger LecalLocated in New York, NYA Post Modern pair of vanity mirrors comprising black resin casings with inset elliptical mirrored glass. Maker's mark to each base. France, circa 1970.Category
Vintage 1970s French Post-Modern Table MirrorsMaterials
- English Orange Enameled Vanity Mirror by Robert Welch for Durlston Designs, Ltd.By Durlston DesignsLocated in New York, NYA vanity mirror in a spare Minimalist design comprising a nickeled steel thin circular frame supported on an orange lacquered tripod pedestal base. This design has been attributed to...Category
Vintage 1960s English Mid-Century Modern Table MirrorsMaterials
- English Minimalist Tripod Vanity Mirror by Robert Welch for Durlston Designs LtdBy Durlston DesignsLocated in New York, NYA vanity mirror in a spare Minimalist design comprising a nickeled steel thin circular frame supported on a tripod pedestal base. This design has been attributed to both Robert Welch...Category
Vintage 1960s English Mid-Century Modern Table MirrorsMaterials
- American Travertine Topped Occasional Tables by Paul McCobb for CalvinBy Paul McCobbLocated in New York, NYA pair of square occasional tables with beautiful travertine tops resting on brass square tube frames, model no. 8732. By Paul McCobb for Calvin Furniture. U.S.A., circa 1950.Category
Vintage 1950s American Mid-Century Modern Side TablesMaterials
- Italian Fantasy Looking Glass Vanity MirrorLocated in New York, NYA fantasy tabletop vanity mirror with ribbon crown and garland wrapped posts topped with bishops finials. The oval mirror is set in a brass bezel that tilts and locks into optimal po...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern Table MirrorsMaterials
- American White Glass Top Occasional Tables by Paul McCobb for CalvinBy Paul McCobbLocated in New York, NYA pair of occasional tables with white Carrara Vitrolite glass tops on square brass tube frames, model. no. 8732, by Paul McCobb for Calvin Furniture. U.S.A., circa 1950.Category
Vintage 1950s American Mid-Century Modern End TablesMaterials
- LEXINGTON Large Mahogany Dresser / Vanity Shaving MirrorBy Lexington Furniture 1Located in Charlotte, NCA Chippendale style shaving mirror for dresser or vanity top by Lexington Furniture. Beveled mirror glass, portrait oriented, decoratively carved mahogany frame with gold shell ornam...Category
Late 20th Century American Chippendale Table MirrorsMaterials
- Round American 1930's Burlwood Vanity Table MirrorLocated in Haddonfield, NJAmerican Burlwood vanity table mirror with round mirror glass and brass hardware, Circa 1930's.Category
Early 20th Century French Art Deco Table MirrorsMaterials
Brass$620 Sale Price20% Off
- Vanity Mirror Yukka by Anna Anselmi for Bieffeplast, 1980By Anna AnselmiLocated in Weesp, NL1980 Bieffeplast stylish vanity mirror designed by Anna Anselmi in fantastic condition as can be seen in the images. This rare piece with on one side a regular mirror and on the othe...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Post-Modern Table MirrorsMaterials
- Shagreen Vanity Mirror by Fabio LtdBy Fabio Ltd.Located in Palm Springs, CAOne of a kind Italian vanity mirror with dark green colored shagreen covered base and bronzed hardware, designed by Fabio Bergomi for Fabio Ltd / Made in Italy Measures: Width 18 inc...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Mid-Century Modern Table MirrorsMaterials
Shagreen, Mirror$1,375 Sale Price50% Off
- Encore Dresser / Chest Mirror for Heywood WakefieldBy Leo JiranekLocated in Cincinnati, OHA rare dresser chest moveable mirror with solid maple frame and slanted mirror surface for the top of a tall chest or dresser . Designed by Leo Jiranek for the Heywood Wakefield furn...Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Table MirrorsMaterials
- French Art Deco Bronze Vanity Mirror, Original Mirrors, Great ScaleLocated in Buchanan, MIA Very Chic French Art Deco Bronze Vanity Mirror. Original Mirrors Which Could Be Replaced, Great Scale, Patina. Fully open: 21.5" x 39.5" Feel free to call or email with further qu...Category
20th Century French Art Deco Table MirrorsMaterials