Contemporary Chinese Rich Lacquered Carved Wood Frame Mirror by Holly Hunt
About the Item
- Creator:HOLLY HUNT (Maker)
- Dimensions:Height: 41 in (104.14 cm)Width: 48 in (121.92 cm)Depth: 4 in (10.16 cm)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:21st Century
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:North Miami, FL
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU6132228709272
The success of Holly Hunt — both the designer and her eponymous empire of textile and furnishings showrooms — is based on instinct.
The Chicago-based Hunt trusts her own tastes, reflected in her signature lines of elegant, low-key furniture, lighting and fabrics. She also trusts her judgment about the wants of the buying public, and this savvy sensibility has allowed her to cultivate and market the work of a range of contemporary talents, from minimalists like Christian Liaigre to eccentrics like Christian Astuguevieille.
Hunt is a design world impresario — a prominent arbiter for stylish modern interiors and known foremost for fabrics, seating designs and light fixtures. Modern sophistication, attention to detail, and a desire to cultivate talented contemporary designers are at the crux of the company’s success.
Born in central Texas to schoolteacher parents, Hunt was a creative girl who made her own clothes and bickered with her mother about decor. After graduating from Texas Tech, Hunt worked as department-store buyer and costume jewelry designer before marrying and helping her husband build a multimillion dollar transport company. Her hobby was decorating their homes. After the two divorced, Hunt purchased a showroom in the Chicago Merchandise Mart in 1983. Within 10 years, she was winning applause for her understated designs, her lavish showroom parties and her eye for rising design stars. Liaigre was her first discovery. Correctly surmising that his pared-down furniture in dark wood would play well in the United States in the aftermath of the go-go ’80s, Hunt began marketing the French designer’s work in 1994.
Over the subsequent years Hunt has added a half-dozen showrooms and, following her own style barometer, has taken on other fresh talents, including glassmaker Alison Berger, French designer Christophe Pillet and couturier Ralph Rucci, making a foray into home design.
One constant over that time have been the aesthetics of Hunt’s own designs. Her fabrics — the first choice of many dealers when re-upholstering vintage seating — are understated, mixing muted colors and updates of classic patterns. Her furniture is simple and refined. As you will see on 1stDibs, the name Holly Hunt represents a sense of timelessness and sophistication.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: North Miami, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 2 days of delivery.
- Contemporary Sofa Designed by Holly HuntBy HOLLY HUNTLocated in North Miami, FLContemporary sofa designed by Holly Hunt. Its clean-lined silhouette and modern design make it very stylish. It has been upholstered in a Holly Hunt gray mohair fabric and high-durab...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American SofasMaterials
- Carved Wood and Polychromed Gold Gilded Mirror, 18th Century, RococoLocated in North Miami, FLA Palatial and Museum quality Italian 18th century Florentine Rococo gilt wood carved mirror frame. The ornately carved frame with scrolls and a...Category
Antique 18th Century Rococo Wall MirrorsMaterials
- Contemporary Slipper Bench Designed by Ralph Rucci for Holly HuntBy HOLLY HUNTLocated in North Miami, FLContemporary Slipper Bench designed by Ralph Rucci for holly Hunt. The base and legs are made of walnut and bronze. The bench is unupholstered in a Holly Hunt acrylic fabric in Eleph...Category
21st Century and Contemporary BenchesMaterials
Fabric, Wood, Walnut
- Circa 1765, Pair of Rococo 'Chippendale' Gilt MirrorsLocated in North Miami, FLPair of English 18th century (circa 1765) rococo (Chippendale) gilt mirrors oval shaped framed with elaborate hand-carved frames with c scrolls, acanthus and foliage.Category
Antique 18th Century English Rococo Wall MirrorsMaterials
- 19th Century 'Regency Period, 1820s' English Giltwood Convex Mirror with UnusualLocated in North Miami, FL19th Century (Regency Period, 1820s) English giltwood convex mirror with unusual bold carved eagle surmounted to top and foliate carved decoration on bottom.Category
Antique 19th Century English Regency Wall MirrorsMaterials
- Custom Holly Hunt Archipelago Ottoman in Taupe ColorBy HOLLY HUNTLocated in North Miami, FLCustom Holly Hunt Archipelago ottoman in taupe color. It is designed with linear stitching pattern and walnut base. The brand is very unique and offers a c...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Ottomans and PoufsMaterials
- Decorative Colored Mirror with Wood Frame, 1980sLocated in MIlano, ITDecorative colored mirror with wood frame, 1980s Big decorative colored mirror, dating to the 1980s. Big mirror with wood frame and coloured gl...Category
Vintage 1980s European Modern Decorative ArtMaterials
Art Glass, Wood
- 19th Century Italian Carved Wood MirrorLocated in Winter Park, FLA small 19th century Italian Baroque style mirror with decorative carved wood frame. Original mirror with old silvering. Nice patina.Category
Antique 18th Century Italian Baroque Wall MirrorsMaterials
- 19th century wood carved and gilt mirrorLocated in Perth, GB19th Century antique wood-carved and gilt wall mirror. The glass flanked with carved floral and scroll motif. With tassel pediment scrolls and flower heads.Category
Antique 19th Century European Wall MirrorsMaterials
- Contemporary Decorative Mirror, "Paris Mirror" by Studio Catoir, Limited EditionBy Studio CatoirLocated in PARIS, FRLarge decorative mirror, limited edition of 10. A declaration of love to Paris, a city full of beauty, charm and surprise. The river Seine as a constant flow of time passing by, en...Category
2010s German Decorative ArtMaterials
- Arts and Crafts Wall Mirror in Open Stylish Carved Woode Frame w Dagobert Peche?Located in Lisse, NLGood size and highly decorative, Dagobert Peche or style mirror. Looking for a unique and attractive timless wall mirror for your hallway or above your fireplace? This all handcraft...Category
Early 20th Century Austrian Jugendstil Wall MirrorsMaterials
Recently ViewedView All
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery