- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 6
American Cast Iron Book Press. Circa 1820
American cast iron book press with rotating circular three spoke wheel, scrolled arms, and rectangular press. Early 19th Century
- DimensionsHeight: 13.5 in. (34.29 cm)Width: 16 in. (40.64 cm)Depth: 10.5 in. (26.67 cm)
- StyleAmerican Empire (Of the Period)
- Materials and TechniquesIron,Cast
- Place of Origin
- Date of ManufactureCirca 1820
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationCharleston, SC
- Reference NumberSeller: # 40161stDibs: LU88723826992
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity.Ships From: Charleston, SC
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in Charleston, SC
4.6 / 5
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 1970
1stDibs seller since 2010
261 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 5 hours
More From This Seller
- Located in Charleston, SCAmerican cast iron and mahogany two-drawer slide letter press with a turned bulbous cork screw handle, floral de...Category
Antique 1830s American American Empire More Furniture and CollectiblesMaterials
- Located in Charleston, SCAmerican Charleston cast iron lyre boot scrape resting on a oval scalloped edge base, Early 19th century.Category
Antique 1820s American American Empire Architectural ElementsMaterials
- Located in Charleston, SCAmerican cast iron nautical umbrella stand with centered anchor ring attached and intertwined with rope, two sma...Category
Antique 1850s American American Empire Umbrella StandsMaterials
- Located in Charleston, SCAmerican mahogany linen press with carved molded edge top, upper case flanking book matched doors, fitted interi...Category
Antique 1820s American American Empire Linen PressesMaterials
- Located in Charleston, SCAmerican cast iron freestanding English setter doorstop resting on foliage motif, Late 19th Century.Category
Antique 1890s American American Empire Animal SculpturesMaterials
- Located in Charleston, SCAmerican cast iron Mayflower arched doorstop with sailing vessel on rough seas. Signed on lower base, mayflower,...Category
Antique 1880s American American Empire Doors and GatesMaterials
You May Also Like
Cast Iron Copy Press, circa 1900
Located in Evergreen, CO
Before the copy machine, there was the copy press. This copy press is beautifully embossed with The Standard Copying Press Company logo surrounded by a foliated design. A reeded pede...
Antique Early 1900s American Books
Arts & Crafts Era Book Press
Located in Aurora, OR
This gorgeous early 20th-century book press from the Boston area is composed of multiple beautiful hardwoods. The press is housed in a frame composed of a triangular pediment support...
Early 20th Century Arts and Crafts More Desk Accessories
Circa 1900 Cast Iron Gold Gilding Moose Desk Set
Located in Coeur d'Alene, ID
Neat gilded moose desk set with original inkwell, circa 1900. Made of cast iron with gold gilding. Neat collectors addition. Antique and unique. Period: circa 1900 Origin: United S...
Antique Early 1900s American Desk Sets
19th Century French Art Nouveau Period Cast Iron Book Press
Located in Dallas, TX
19th century French Art Nouveau period cast iron book press is a splendid working artifact from a bygone era! The Art Nouveau was a relatively brief period yet its impact resounds up...
Antique 1890s French Art Nouveau More Desk Accessories
Rare English Tobacco Book Tin, circa 1840
Located in London, GB
Rare tobacco tin, circa 1840 We are proud to offer a very unusual figural tin in the form of a leather-bound book. Joseph fume did actually write a book on the pleasures of tobacco ...
Antique 1840s British Victorian Tobacco Accessories
Industrial Book Press
Located in Los Angeles, CA
Original industrial book press of solid iron with great patina Wonderful object for a book collection!
Vintage 1920s American More Desk Accessories
Landers, Frary & Clark Cast Iron Coffee Grinder/Mill
By Landers, Frary & Clark 1
Located in Guaynabo, PR
This a large and heavy Landers, Frary & Clark cast iron coffee grinder#20 1/2. It has a bell shaped nickel hopper with a flat wood lid and two flywheels adorned in the center with a ...
Antique Late 19th Century American American Classical Historical Memorab...
French Laboratory Magnifying Glass on Cast Iron Adjustable Stand
Located in Leek, Staffordshire
Late 19th century French laboratory magnifying glass on cast iron adjustable stand. Excellent colour and patination.
Antique Late 19th Century French Scientific Instruments
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery