Items Similar to Early 20th Century 'Model' Steam Powered Pond Boat View More
Early 20th Century 'Model' Steam Powered Pond Boat
Painted model pond boat powered by a steam engine. Owned by current collector over 25 years without ever sailing the model. Metal (perhaps aluminium) centre parts on upper deck, including smoke stack, hand wheel, rudder, and air vents. Beautiful detailing in paint and crafted parts. There is no knowledge by owner if the steam mechanism is functional. It has never been in water with this owner.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1910- 1930
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsThis model craft was purchased from an English dealer in 1982. It is in quite good condition but could use a cleaning. There is some crazing of the paint finish and small scratches. I have never tried to work the engine. It sits on my library shelf.
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. Minor structural damages. Minor fading.
- DimensionsH 14.50 in. x W 33.50 in. x D 6.25 in.H 36.83 cm x W 85.09 cm x D 15.88 cm
- Seller LocationVan Nuys, CA
- Reference NumberLU92079160481
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
No Reviews Yet
1stdibs seller since 2011
Located in Van Nuys, CA
More From This Seller
20th Century, Bowman "Snipe" Cruiser, Steam Powered Model Boat, Made in England
By Bowman Models
$600 Sale Price
20th Century, Bowman "Snipe" Cruiser, Steam Pow...
Vintage 1930s English Other Models and Miniatures
A toy or model wooden boat, powered by a miniature steam engine. Made and sold in England circa 1930- 1935, this painted wood hull with natural wood sealed decks is original, but not...
Early 20th Century, Model Barn or Garage, circa...
Early 20th Century American American Craftsman Outsider and Self Taught Art
Paint, Scrap Wood
A wooden architectural model in original paint of a garage or barn structure, likely used as a child's play object, with a single door and three windows, along with a highly detailed...
20th Century Plains Indian Female Doll
20th Century American Native American Toys and Dolls
Child's doll with fringed and beaded deerskin dress, with horsehair braids and beaded belt, knife sheath and moccasins. Excellent reproduction of Native American plains style toy rep...
Early 20th Century Tramp Art Picture Frame, wit...
Early 20th Century American American Craftsman Picture Frames
This tramp art picture frame is stained a dark, black/brown. It is made of three built-up layers of thin, scrap wood. Each wooden layer is chip carved in typical, pyramid shaped cuts...