19th Century Italian Sicilian Armchair and Footrest Lacquer Gilding Red VelvetItem Status:
View Similar Items
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 20
19th Century Italian Sicilian Armchair and Footrest Lacquer Gilding Red Velvet
Antique Italian armchair from Sicily with footrest, a Louis Philippe poplar armchair dating back to the last quarter of 19th century, with a dark lacquer wooden frame decorated with an elegant vegetal gilded motif and gilded profiles. Elegant upholstered arms decorated by fringes. Curved legs ending with working brass castors. it comes from a private house in Milan and it is upholstered with red velvet. The back is lacquered. MATCHING SOFA, SEATING AVAILABLE. Fair padding with a comfortable seating, but distressed upholstery, this antique Sicilian armchair shows signs and wear consistent with age and use, with minor gilding wear and losses. See closed-up details. Matching footrest included. The beautifully curved silhouette and the great patina make this Italian 19th century armchair an excellent choice for any living room. This artwork is shipped from Italy. Under existing legislation, any artwork in Italy created over 70 years ago requires a governative licence for export called Belle Arti. The shipping may require additional 6-8 handling weeks to require and get the licence according to the final destination of the artwork.
- DimensionsHeight: 40.16 in. (102 cm)Width: 28.35 in. (72 cm)Depth: 37.41 in. (95 cm)Seat Height: 17.72 in. (45 cm)
- StyleLouis Philippe (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1870
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationMilan, IT
- Reference NumberSeller: A5321stDibs: LU2160314174822
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Estimated Customs Duties & Taxes to the Continental US: $0.Ships From: Milan, Italy
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in Milan, Italy
4.9 / 5
These expertly vetted sellers are highly rated and consistently exceed customer expectations.
Established in 1990
1stDibs seller since 2016
95 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
International Confederation of Art and Antique Dealers' Associations
More From This Seller
- Located in Milan, ITA pair of early 19th century Charles X Genoese maple armchairs, two maple veneer Ligurian armchairs, in good con...Category
Antique Early 19th Century Italian Charles X ArmchairsMaterials
- Located in Milan, ITMonumental Italian antique chandelier, a 19th century gilt and crystal chandelier of Sicilian origin, a 36 light...Category
Antique Mid-19th Century Italian Rococo Chandeliers and PendantsMaterials
Crystal, Brass, Brass
- Located in Milan, ITFour 19th century Directoire Genoese maple chairs, a group of four Ligurian chairs, maple veneered marked inside...Category
Antique Early 19th Century Italian Directoire ChairsMaterials
- Located in Milan, ITItalian antique walnut armchairs newly upholstered back and seat, with pink champagne fabric with damask motif. ...Category
Early 20th Century Italian Louis XVI ArmchairsMaterials
- Located in Milan, ITAn antique Italian Louis Philippe sewing table, dating back to 1870 circa in good condition. A good quality cent...Category
Antique Late 19th Century Italian Louis Philippe TablesMaterials
- Located in Milan, ITSet of four Italian Genoese Charles X maple veneer chairs and a pair of armchairs dating back to 1820 circa, wit...Category
Antique Early 19th Century Italian Charles X Dining Room ChairsMaterials
You May Also Like
19th Century Phillippine Pair of Red Velvet Armchairs
Located in Malaga, ES
19th century Philippine pair of red velvet armchairs.
Antique Mid-19th Century Philippine Chairs
Red Loft Armchair and Footrest
Located in Milan, IT
Inspired by the atmosphere of the '50s, the Loft Armchair and Footrest are upholstered in leather to best accentuate the pieces' silhouettes. On a hardwood frame, the chair is padded...
2010s Italian Armchairs
Hardwood, Leather, Cotton
$8,020 / item
Paolo Buffa Mid-Century Modern Italian Velvet Footrest and Armchairs, 1950s
By Paolo Buffa
Located in Cerignola, Italy Puglia
Pair of Paolo Buffa armchairs with footrest characterized by structures in stained and polished beech, the blue velvet upholstery was redone a few years ago. Footrest measures: cm...
Vintage 1950s Italian Mid-Century Modern Armchairs
$3,956 Sale Price / set
19th Century Pair of Chairs, Armchairs, Red Velvet, Wood with Frames, Italy
Located in Cuneo, Italy (CN)
Antique pair of chairs, also used as armchairs, lined with red velvet, wooden frame with carved frames, new and perfect fabric, beautiful and very comfortable, wraparound seat to emb...
Antique Early 1800s Italian Chairs
Pair of 19th Century Lacquered and Giltwood French Louis Philippe Armchairs
Located in Vicoforte, Piedmont
Pair of French Louis Philippe armchairs from the mid-19th century. Carved, lacquered and gilded wooden furniture adorned with decorations in gilded and chiseled bronze and brass. Liv...
Antique Mid-19th Century French Louis Philippe Armchairs
Pair of Louis Philippe Lacquered and Gilded Wood Sicilian Armchairs
Located in Aci Castello, IT
Eclectic Sicilian armchairs made in late 19th century, they have been upholstered in a damask fabric. They are in good conditions considering use and age.
Antique Late 19th Century Italian Louis Philippe Armchairs
19th Century Italian Louis Philippe Carved Walnut Armchair
Located in Bosco Marengo, IT
Louis Philippe Italian carved walnut antique armchair very comfortable. Front feet and armrests richly carved in walnut. Used but in perfect condition ready to be used in your beauti...
Antique 1840s Italian Louis Philippe Armchairs
19th Century Italian Giltwood Armchair
Located in Los Angeles, CA
19th century Italian giltwood single armchair with finely carved details. Newly upholstered in bright purple velvet.
Antique Late 19th Century Italian Armchairs