Items Similar to Lovely Norwegian Pair of elm Easy Chairs by Møller & Stokke, 1940s
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 12
Lovely Norwegian Pair of elm Easy Chairs by Møller & Stokke, 1940s
Beautiful midcentury pair of Norwegian manufactured easy chairs by Møller & Stokke furniture in the 1940s. The chairs have legs of elm tree and new upholstery of beige Hallingdal wool fabric from Gudbrandsdalen Uldvarefabrikk (wool factory). Beautifully decorated brown leather edges around the back and seat sections - and leather brown buttons. Rounded shape. Nicely backwards tilted and massive soft seat. Petite and lovely model in a good vintage condition! Measures: 68 cm H x 74 cm D x 68 cm W and 37 cm seat height. Møller & Stokke was established in 1932 in Western Norway by Georg Stokke and Bjarne Møller. In 1956 the company changed its name to Stokke Møbler. The company is widely known for its production of both the Trip Trap children chair, MiniMax, Vipp and CombiStar. Later years Stokke has focused on furnitures and equipment for children.
- CreatorStokke Møbler (Manufacturer)
- DimensionsHeight: 26.78 in. (68 cm)Width: 26.78 in. (68 cm)Depth: 29.14 in. (74 cm)Seat Height: 14.57 in. (37 cm)
- Sold AsSet of 2
- StyleScandinavian Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1940s
- ConditionReupholstered. Wear consistent with age and use. Newly upholstered in wool fabric and leather.
- Seller LocationStockholm, SE
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU3090321503622
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Customs Duties & Taxes May Apply.Ships From: Stockholm, Sweden
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in Stockholm, Sweden
5 / 5
These expertly vetted sellers are 1stDibs' most experienced sellers and are rated highest by our customers.
Established in 2017
1stDibs seller since 2017
100 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
More From This Seller
- By Adolf Relling, Fredrik A. KayserLocated in Stockholm, SEA great pair of the iconic "Kaminstolen" or "The Fire place chair" made by the Norwegian designers Fredrik Kayse...Category
Vintage 1950s Norwegian Scandinavian Modern ArmchairsMaterials
- By Fredericia, Børge MogensenLocated in Stockholm, SELovely pair of Børge Mogensen armchairs model 227 for Fredericia Stolefabrik, 1960s, Denmark. The chairs are mad...Category
Vintage 1960s Danish Scandinavian Modern ArmchairsMaterials
- By Dux of Sweden, Folke OhlssonLocated in Stockholm, SEA terrific pair of teak chairs model USA 75 by Folke Ohlsson for DUX, Sweden, 1960s. The chairs are made of teak...Category
Vintage 1960s Swedish Scandinavian Modern ArmchairsMaterials
- By Hartmut Lohmeyer, WilkhahnLocated in Stockholm, SELovely midcentury pair of easy chairs by designer Hartmut Lohmeyer for Wilkahn in Germany the 1950s. The chairs ...Category
Vintage 1950s German Mid-Century Modern ArmchairsMaterials
- By Soren Willadsen Mobelfabrik, Nanna DitzelLocated in Stockholm, SEThis lovely round shaped oak chair is a timeless Danish modern classic icon. Model ND83 was designed in 1952 by ...Category
Vintage 1950s Danish Scandinavian Modern Lounge ChairsMaterials
- By David AndersenLocated in Stockholm, SEBlack and lovely guilloche enameled necklace designed by Aksel Holmsen for David Andersen in the 1950s. Norway. ...Category
Vintage 1950s Norwegian Scandinavian Modern Collectible JewelryMaterials
You May Also Like
Pair of 1930s-1940s Danish Modern Elm Armchairs
Located in Hudson, NY
Pair of Danish Modern 1930s-40s Armchairs with Exaggerated Curved Arms; the frames of Elm Wood. Note: Chairs need to be reupholstered.
Vintage 1940s Danish Armchairs
$3,750 / set
Pair of French "Bridge" Chairs, circa 1940s
Located in Chicago, IL
Pair of French “Bridge Chairs” as they are commonly referred to, from the 1930s or 1940s. These are in “as found” condition, so, no restoration work has been done. Priced accordingly.
Vintage 1940s French Art Deco Armchairs
Pair of Easy Chairs in Mahogany by Jacob Kjær
By Jacob Kjaer
Located in Waalwijk, NL
Jacob Kjær, pair of armchairs, mahogany and fabric, Denmark, 1940s. Stunning pair of armchairs by master cabinetmaker Jacob Kjaer. Characterized by simplicity, the chairs are execut...
Vintage 1940s Danish Scandinavian Modern Armchairs
$8,400 / set
Pair of Armchairs by Axel Larsson for Bodafors, Sweden, 1940s.
By Axel Larsson, Bodafors
Located in Stockholm, SE
Pair of rare lounge chairs by Axel Larsson made entirely from wood in a warm color. Casually elegant design. The seats and backs follow the form of the body, neat wooden details on t...
Vintage 1930s Swedish Scandinavian Modern Armchairs
1940s French Leather Chairs
Located in Los Angeles, CA
Fantastic pair of 1940s French leather chairs with plank oak armrests. Ornate detailing / construction with wonderful patina to leather and oak.
Mid-20th Century French Chairs
$9,500 / set
Flemming Lassen Pair of Easy Chairs in Beige Sheepskin, 1940s
By Jacob Kjaer, Flemming Lassen
Located in Copenhagen, DK
Flemming Lassen, pair of easy chairs for master cabinetmaker Jacob Kjaer, Denmark. Tapering legs in stained ash and reupholstered in beige sheepskin. Please view 1stdibs item refe...
Vintage 1940s Danish Scandinavian Modern Armchairs
Scandinavian Easy Chairs "Arbetsstolen" by Bruno Mathsson, 1940s
By Firma Karl Mathsson, Bruno Mathsson
Located in Karlstad, SE
Gorgeous pair of “Arbetsstolen” lounge chairs by Bruno Mathsson for Karl Andersson & Söner, Sweden, 1940s. This early pair is made with paper webbing, due to loss of hemp during the ...
20th Century Swedish Scandinavian Modern Armchairs
Pair of Pierre Jeanneret Easy Chairs
By Pierre Jeanneret
Located in Soho, London, GB
Pair of Easy Chairs from the administrative offices of Chandigarh (PJ-SI-29-A). The pair comprises two closely matching chairs, minor incongruities on the dimensions are due to the...
Mid-20th Century Indian Mid-Century Modern Chairs
$25,589 / set