We don't know if the needlepoint upholstery on this bench is original, but it is certainly very old and beautiful, its worn condition gives the piece a patina and genuineness that cannot be copied. This sturdy bench is unusually wide and is excellent for seating or for use as a coffee table. The frame has finger molding and cabriole legs with solid brass wheels.
- Of the Period
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturecirca 1840
- ConditionExcellent. Frame in excellent condition. Needlepoint upholstery is very old and worn with a couple of tears near the edges and the cording is frayed at places. Much of the actual needlepoint is worn away, leaving only the underlying pattern showing..
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor fading.
H 16 in. x W 65 in. x D 27 in.
H 40.64 cm x W 165.1 cm x D 68.58 cm
- Seat height15 in. (38.1 cm)
- Seller locationAlexandria, VA
- Seller reference number8882FP
- Reference number1503318699800
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2009
Typical response time: 2 hrs
Located in Alexandria, VA
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like