Pine and Oak Bench or SettleItem Status:
View Similar Items
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 13
Pine and Oak Bench or Settle
79. 23VJL80 (8289) pine and oak bench or settle, Hungary, circa 1880, Measures: 79” L x 21.5” D x 37.5 H $1395.00 This is a most interesting and unusually decorative central European pine and oak bench. The back has a boldly scalloped top rail with three panels beneath. The central one is round, the other two rectangular, in a Dutch-style scalloped frame. The curvilinear legs are oak with a scrolled pine armrest above six straight spindles. The integral arms and legs support a deep and comfortable seat with a scalloped frieze mimicking the shape of the back.
- DimensionsHeight: 43 in. (109.22 cm)Width: 83 in. (210.82 cm)Depth: 21 in. (53.34 cm)Seat Height: 18 in. (45.72 cm)
- StyleCountry (In the Style Of)
- Materials and TechniquesPolishedPine
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1880
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Very good sturdy condition with wear consistent with age and use. See description and images for details.
- Seller LocationBaltimore, MD
- Reference NumberSeller: 23VJL801stDibs: LU881521102652
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$750 White Glove Shippingto Continental US, arrives in 3-8 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by appointment to the room of your choice.Ships From: Baltimore, MD
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in Baltimore, MD
4.7 / 5
These expertly vetted sellers are 1stDibs' most experienced sellers and are rated highest by our customers.
Established in 1983
1stDibs seller since 2009
309 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
More From This Seller
- Located in Baltimore, MDThis is a copy of the characteristic Central European 19th century box bench, probably made in the fifties, and ...Category
Mid-20th Century Hungarian Country BenchesMaterials
You May Also Like
George III Oak Bench Settle
Located in Cheshire, GB
George III style oak bench settle. The four arched panelled back to the outswept armrests above the solid oak seat. All raised up on cabriole front legs. Dimensions Height 45 inche...
Antique Late 19th Century British Benches
Antique Two Seat Settle, English, Oak, Pine, Ecclesiastic, Pew, Bench, Victorian
Located in Hele, Devon, GB
This is an antique two-seat settle. An English, oak and pine ecclesiastical pew or bench, dating to the late Victorian period, circa 1900. Mellow tones and attractive form Displa...
Antique Late 19th Century British Victorian Benches
19th Century, Framed and Paneled Pine Settle Bench
Located in Boston, MA
English, framed and paneled pine settle bench, circa 1800 Measures: 59" wide x 25" overall depth x 61" high Seat height 18.5" Arm height 33.5" Seat depth 13.5".
Antique Early 19th Century European Benches
Antique Stickley Style Arts & Crafts Solid Oak Settle or Bench
By L. & J.G. Stickley Inc.
Located in South Bend, IN
An exceptional Mission oak Arts & Crafts settle or bench In the manner of Stickley USA, early 20th century Measures: 78.75" W x 22" D x 37.75" H. Seat height 16"; arm height...
Early 20th Century American Arts and Crafts Benches
Victorian Oak Hall Bench, Box Settle
Located in Whaley Bridge, GB
Sn3911, a Victorian oak box seat - box settle, having swan neck, finely card upstand to back, floral carved back with panelled centre flanked by eagles, above hinged seat flanked by ...
Antique 1890s European Late Victorian Benches
Georgian Oak Settle Bench, circa 1780
Located in Mt Kisco, NY
18th century Welsh oak settle with nailhead trimmed upholstered seat, four fielded panels to the back, a molded rail at the top and shaped arms all sitting on turned baluster legs wi...
Antique 18th Century Welsh Georgian Benches
Paneled Pine Settle
Located in Woodbury, CT
Wearing its age proudly, this coffer settle has weathered the years well and is still around because it has both beauty and function. The deep storage well beneath the seat is more t...
Antique 19th Century English Victorian Benches
Original Painted Pine West Country Settle
Located in Shustoke, GB
A absolutely beautiful, barrel backed, early 19th century West country settle dry scraped back to its original paint. In very good condition, the paint beautifully weathered and worn...
Antique Early 19th Century English Country Painted Furniture
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery
More Ways To Browse
European Softwood Benches
19th Century Softwood Benches
Hungarian Softwood Benches
Black Or Dark Urns
Refurbished Fireplace Or Stoves
White Gold Sapphire Diamond Rings
Deco Ring Diamond 3 Carat
Edwardian Platinum Diamond Jewelry
3 Drawer Commode Chests
Platinum Diamond Mid Century
Vintage Rug Orange
Modern Oak Side Table