18th Century Georgian Corner ChairItem Status:
View Similar Items
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 16
18th Century Georgian Corner Chair
Antique George II corner chair hand carved from yew wood with leather upholstery, 18th century. We love the chair's beautiful, naturally aged wood, which has accrued a softened texture and warm tone over the centuries. The leather too has a fine, organic wear with variations in its color and surface. If you're looking to mix and layer your interiors with different period pieces, this will be a fine addition that will enrich with its sense of history. Dimensions: 27.25 in. width 25 in. depth 31.25 in. height 17 in. seat height 29.25 in. arm height Condition notes: In good condition with wear that is consistent with the chair's age and use. The chrome leg glides are a recent addition.
- DimensionsHeight: 31.25 in. (79.38 cm)Width: 27.25 in. (69.22 cm)Depth: 25 in. (63.5 cm)Seat Height: 18 in. (45.72 cm)
- StyleGeorge II (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Date of Manufacture18th Century
- ConditionAdditions or alterations made to the original: Chrome glides recently added to bottom of legs. Wear consistent with age and use. Visible organic aging to the wood including scuffs, scratches, and dents that all enrich the chair.
- Seller LocationNew York, NY
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU1569222282132
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Ships From: New York, NY
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in New York, NY
4.8 / 5
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
1stDibs seller since 2015
129 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 2 hours
More From This Seller
- Located in New York, NYClassic and elegant, this George III chest of drawers was handcrafted circa 1800. It is made from walnut, recent...Category
Antique Early 1800s English George III Commodes and Chests of DrawersMaterials
- Located in New York, NYA classic Queen Anne highboy hand-crafted in America in 1750. It's comprised of pine and maple wood with a rich ...Category
Antique Mid-18th Century American Queen Anne Commodes and Chests of DrawersMaterials
- Located in New York, NYHand-crafted by the school of cabinetmaker Joseph Short, whose family of carpenters lived in the late 18th and e...Category
Antique Late 18th Century American Chippendale Commodes and Chests of Dr...Materials
You May Also Like
Red 18th Century American Corner Chair
Located in Atlanta, GA
Red 18th century American corner chair.
Antique 18th Century American Corner Chairs
18th Century George II Mahogany Corner Chair
Located in Brooklyn, NY
A handsome mid-18th century chair with a moulded curved toprail terminating in carved scrolled arms. Three turned columns support the rail with pierced splats exhibiting ribbons inte...
Antique 1740s English George II Armchairs
$7,450 Sale Price
18th Century Irish Corner Chair
Located in New York, NY
18th century Irish corner chair with pierced back splat and carved back.
Antique 18th Century Corner Chairs
Mid-18th Century Mahogany Corner Chair
Located in Lincolnshire, GB
A large example of a mid 18th century mahogany corner chair with vase shaped back splat, good cpouor and patination.
Antique Mid-18th Century English Corner Chairs
Chinese Hongmu Corner Chair, 19th Century
Located in Ottawa, Ontario
A Chinese Hongmu corner chair, 19th century. The horseshoe-form back with molded crest above a pair of open carved splats with fruiting and flowering peach branches, the ...
Antique Late 19th Century Chinese Chinese Export Corner Chairs
18th Century Italian Wooden Carved Round about Chair
Located in Atlanta, GA
An exquisite 18th century Italian wooden carved round about chair with secret door at the bottom. Barley twist posts support the arched top rail while the lower section of the chair ...
Antique 18th Century Italian Corner Chairs
18th Century George III Oak and Elm Corner Chair
Located in Pasadena, CA
Late 18th century oak and burl yew wood library corner chair with rich burl and tone. English, turned legs and posts. Minor repair done on stretcher - done previously and very well. ...
Antique 18th Century English George III Corner Chairs
French 18th Century Walnut Corner Cane Chair
Located in Haddonfield, NJ
18th Century French walnut corner caned chair with a thin parchment colored leather pillow.
Antique 18th Century French Louis XV Corner Chairs
Leather, Wicker, Walnut
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery
More Ways To Browse
18th Century Leather Chairs
Georgian Animal Skin Chairs
Bobbin Corner Chair
Blue European Corner Chairs
North American Animal Skin Corner Chairs
Antique Wood Corner Chair
1960s Animal Skin Corner Chairs
American Animal Skin Corner Chairs
Scandinavian Animal Skin Corner Chairs
Late 20th Century Plastic Corner Chairs
North American Leather Corner Chairs
Late 20th Century Steel Corner Chairs