Set of 10 Barbara Barry for Baker Dining Chairs
About the Item
- Creator:Barbara Barry (Designer)
- Dimensions:Height: 39 in (99.06 cm)Width: 22 in (55.88 cm)Depth: 26 in (66.04 cm)Seat Height: 18 in (45.72 cm)
- Sold As:Set of 10
- Style:Mid-Century Modern (In the Style Of)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Date of Manufacture:20th Century
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
- Seller Location:Bridgeport, CT
- Reference Number:Seller: 2352111stDibs: LU1755232712212
Barbara Barry intends for her furniture designs to connect people to the splendor of the natural world around them. Her lounge chairs, tables and other pieces reflect the influence of the Hollywood Regency style as well as Barry’s admiration for organic materials and the subdued color palettes of the great outdoors. Simple and calming, her furniture is quietly elegant and has garnered Barry renown worldwide as a leader in interior design.
A native of California, Barry was surrounded by artists from the moment she was born and credits her mother with instilling a strong sense of confidence in her. Barry’s mother, a painter, encouraged her to nurture her creative impulses. The designer initially pursued a degree in art — she is an active painter today — but quickly eschewed the norms of formal education, leaving school to travel through Europe.
While traveling, Barry fell in love with the wines and cheeses of the cities she visited, inspiring her to open her own cheese shop in Mendocino upon her return to California. Her predilection for interior design quickly began to show itself as she went about setting up and running her store, and Barry began drawing designs for her own furniture. She moved to Los Angeles and established her own design firm in 1985.
Working with small local businesses to get her pieces made, she became more passionate about expressing herself through her furniture and quickly amassed a following for her work. Today, for its thoughtful merge of clean lines, 1940s Hollywood glamour and the soft palettes of the sea, sky and foliage of her state, her understated furniture is an international success.
Barry is expressly opposed to the use of patterns, opting instead for solid neutrals that pair well with warm brass or vintage bronze lighting fixtures and allow for the colors in a painting on the living room wall to pop. She is focused on bringing harmony and order into a space, and her minimalist designs — acid-washed mahogany side tables, armchairs with dark stained rattan backrests — are sought after by A-list celebrities, politicians and leading manufacturers alike. Barry has created exclusive furniture collections and home decor for legendary brands including Baker Furniture, McGuire Furniture Company and others.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Bridgeport, CT
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- Six Barbara Barry Baker Tiffany Blue Leather Dining ChairsBy Barbara BarryLocated in Bridgeport, CTSet of 6 fine dining chairs designed by Barbara Barry for Baker. The chairs covered in a soft pallet of Tiffany blue leather with a contrasting voided velvet back. The chairs with ba...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Mid-Century Modern Dining Room ChairsMaterials
- Barbara Barry 1990’s Tulip Form Center Table For BakerBy Barbara BarryLocated in Bridgeport, CTA later design by Barbara Barry for Baker Furniture. Dark Mahogany with handsome graining in a Tulip form reminiscent of the great Art Deco Era. Refined simplicity of form adds style...Category
20th Century Mid-Century Modern Center TablesMaterials
- Set Of 10 Sheraton Style Dining Chairs Attributed to BakerBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Bridgeport, CTA set of 10 dining chairs comprised of 8 side and 2 arms chairs with tone-on-tone neutral upholstered seats. The chairs with X-form back splat, reeded cresting rail with gold floral ...Category
20th Century Sheraton Dining Room ChairsMaterials
- Barbara Barry for Baker Extension Dining Table for RestorationBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Bridgeport, CTClassic Barbara Barry design for Baker Furniture in her signature Java finish. Having an overhanging top edge and two leaves. Raised on an unusual X shaped base with columnar legs o...Category
20th Century Mid-Century Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
- Custom Set of Eight Baker Furniture Ebonized Dining ChairsBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Bridgeport, CTTwo arm and six side chairs in a midcentury style with curved and open X form backs. The frames were custom ebonized, raised on square tapering legs, splayed in the back. The seats u...Category
20th Century Mid-Century Modern Dining Room ChairsMaterials
- Set Of 12 Baker Furniture Dining Room Chairs - 4 Arm Chairs & 8 Side ChairsBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Bridgeport, CTSet of 12 Baker Furniture dining room chairs comprised of 4 arm chairs with faux pebbled leather seats and 8 side chairs with upholstered seats. The chairs with pierced back splats, ...Category
20th Century American Chippendale Dining Room ChairsMaterials
Faux Leather, Mahogany
- Barbara Barry for Baker Furniture Mahogany Dining Armchairs, Set of EightBy Baker Furniture Company, Barbara BarryLocated in South Bend, INAn exceptional set of eight modern Regency style club chairs or dining armchairs By Barbara Barry for Baker Furniture USA, 1990s Solid dark mahogany frames, with light yello...Category
1990s American Modern Dining Room ChairsMaterials
- Barbara Barry for Baker Lounge ChairsBy Barbara Barry, Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Atlanta, GAPair of elegant lounge chairs, designed by Barbara Barry for Baker, American, circa 21st century.Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Art Deco Lounge ChairsMaterials
- Barbara Barry for McGuire Rattan or Wicker Arm Desk, Dining or Occasional ChairBy Barbara Barry, McGuireLocated in St. Louis, MOBarbara Barry designed for McGuire Furniture of San Francisco. Dark stained Rattan dining chair, can be used as a desk chair or Occasional chair. All original, light touch up. Label.Category
Early 2000s Unknown Hollywood Regency Office Chairs and Desk ChairsMaterials
- Barbara Barry X Back Slipper Chairs for BakerBy Barbara Barry, Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Atlanta, GAPair of sculptural X back slipper lounge chairs, designed by Barbara Barry for Baker, American, circa 2000s.Category
Early 2000s American Neoclassical Revival ChairsMaterials
- Baker Furniture Barbara Barry Six "X" Back ChairsBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Toledo, OHSix Barbara Barry collection by Baker Furniture X back chairs. Mahogany and gold/brown upholstery. Two with arms. Armchairs measure: 27" wide, 20" ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary North American Neoclassical Dining Room Ch...Materials
- Milo Baughman Thayer Coggin Cantilever Dining Lounge Chairs Barbara Barry BoucleBy Thayer Coggin, Milo Baughman, Barbara BarryLocated in Lambertville, NJSet of four signed Milo Baughman sculptural cantilever dining arm chairs newly professionally re-upholstered with very soft and textural high end luxury curly boucle fabric by Barbar...Category
Late 20th Century Post-Modern ArmchairsMaterials