A late 17th century Louis XIV period provincial canapé a oreilles on hand-carved 'os de mouton' walnut legs and cross-stretchers; recently re-upholstered to today's most discriminating taste and standards. Provenance includes the Renaissance furniture gallery of Jacqueline Boccador in Paris and recently ex: A private collection in Tuxedo Park, New York.
- Of the Period
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturecirca 1690
- Materials and techniques
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
H 43 in. x W 75 in. x D 29 in.
H 109.22 cm x W 190.5 cm x D 73.66 cm
- Seat height18 in. (45.72 cm)
- Seller locationWoodbury, CT
- Seller reference number1605 BEEE CAG
- Reference numberLU86674599023
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2009
Typical response time: 1 hr
Located in Woodbury, CT
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like