Items Similar to Mogens Lassen, wood stool, elm, oak, K. Thomsen, Denmark, 1942 View More
Mogens Lassen, wood stool, elm, oak, K. Thomsen, Denmark, 1942
A modernist stool designed by architect Mogens Lassen, made by cabinetmaker K. Thomsen. The seat is sculpted from elm with oak turned legs. This model was presented at The Copenhagen Cabinetmakers' Guild Exhibition at Designmuseum, Denmark, 1942. This early-production example is now one of the most iconic Danish designs, and still in production today. Other designers contemporary to Mogens Lassen working in similar modern vein include Flemming Lassen, Arne Jacobsen, Viggo Boesen, Philip Arctander and Peder Moos.
- CreatorMogens Lassen (Designer),K. Thomsen (Cabinetmaker)
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1945
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsLightly restored. Patina and wear of the kind to be expected from an authentic early example. The lively patina clearly separates this example from recent production examples.
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. Minor structural damages.
- DimensionsH 19.69 in. x W 17.72 in. x D 15.75 in.H 50 cm x W 45 cm x D 40 cm
- Seat Height19.69 in. (50 cm)
- Seller LocationWest Palm Beach, FL
- Reference NumberLU3228111109181
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2017
Located in West Palm Beach, FL
You may also contact the seller by phoneCall seller through 1stdibs
More From This Seller
Peter Hjorth and Arne Karlsen Stools, Oak, Cane...
Vintage 1950s Danish Scandinavian Modern Stools
Leather, Cane, Oak
A pair of stools / ottomans designed by Peter Hjorth and Arne Karlsen in 1959. Produced by Interna, and executed in oak, with the original webbed cane, and black dyed leather. Bears ...
Early 20th Century Modernist Stool, Sculpted So...
Vintage 1930s Swedish Scandinavian Modern Stools
A hand-carved 20th century modernist stool produced in Sweden by an unknown craftsman. Solid oak is sculpted into a pure form with minimal ornamentation in the back. Other design...
Modernist Stools, Hand-Carved, Stained Oak, Early 20th Century, Sweden
$7,300 / set
Modernist Stools, Hand-Carved, Stained Oak, Ear...
Early 20th Century Swedish Scandinavian Modern Stools
A pair of hand-carved early modernist organic stools by an anonymous Swedish designer. Most likely early 20th century. Original condition, bearing original lacquer. Produced in stain...
Swedish Sportstuge School, Minimalist Stool or ...
Vintage 1970s Swedish Scandinavian Modern Stools
A pair of Swedish pinewood stools or side tables. By unknown designer, 1970s. Purity of form enhances the beauty of wood. Please note listing and price is for 1 stool.