65" Baker Collection China Cabinet
About the Item
- Creator:Baker Furniture Company (Cabinetmaker)
- Dimensions:Height: 97 in (246.38 cm)Width: 65 in (165.1 cm)Depth: 11 in (27.94 cm)
- Style:Regency Revival (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Date of Manufacture:1970s
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Pasadena, TX
- Reference Number:Seller: MS110391stDibs: LU867135385132
Baker Furniture Company
Owing to the company’s collaborations with many leading designers and artists over time, vintage Baker furniture is consistently sought after today. The heritage brand’s chairs, dining tables, desks and other pieces are widely known to collectors and design enthusiasts for their fine craftsmanship and durability.
Within a few decades of its launch, Baker Furniture Company evolved into one of the largest and most important furniture manufacturers in the United States, and became known for its high-quality production standards. Siebe Baker and business partner Henry Cook founded the original iteration of Baker Furniture Company in 1890 in Allegan, Michigan, after immigrating to the United States from the Netherlands. Allegan is a small town west of Grand Rapids, which, at that time was home to Widdicomb Furniture Co. and more and was known as America’s furniture capital. The company manufactured doors and interior moldings, and introduced a combination desk and bookcase in 1893. In the early 1900s, Siebe became sole owner of the business.
Among others, stage designer Joseph Urban and modernist designer Kem Weber contributed designs to Baker in the 1920s. In 1932, under the leadership of Siebe’s son, Hollis, who started at the company as a salesman but took the reins when his father passed in 1925, Baker Furniture introduced bedroom pieces and debuted its Manor House collection, which made reproductions of European furnishings available to the American market. (Hollis was an avid traveler and procured antiques overseas for the company to reproduce in the United States.) Soon, Baker Furniture Company moved to Holland, Michigan, and eventually opened showrooms in Grand Rapids and elsewhere.
Pioneering Scandinavian designer Finn Juhl created a Danish modern line for Baker in 1951, and the company produced his award-winning Chieftain chair for a short time. In the late 1950s, Baker introduced the Milling Road label to reach a younger audience with stylish but less costly furnishings like console tables, walnut dining chairs and more, and in 1961, British furniture designer T.H. Robsjohn-Gibbings introduced a modern neoclassical line at Baker.
The 1960s and ’70s saw the introduction of historic reproduction furniture lines such as Woburn Abbey and the Historic Charleston collection, which remain very popular to this day. In 1990, Baker was licensed to produce a furniture line from Colonial Williamsburg. That same year, the Smithsonian Museum introduced Baker’s Chippendale chair into its permanent collection and the Grand Rapids Art Museum dedicated an exhibition to Baker’s 100-year anniversary, a showcase that included 150 pieces of furniture Siebe Baker had collected as part of a larger assortment that had served as inspiration for his designs.
Today, vintage Baker furniture, such as its elegant mahogany nightstands and teak credenzas — particularly those crafted by Finn Juhl — sees high demand online and elsewhere. The company continues to produce contemporary collections with well-known designers such as Bill Sofield, Barbara Barry and Kara Mann and remains on par with some of the highest quality furniture in the industry.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Pasadena, TX
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
- 65" Scandinavian Teak Cabinet Credenza/Side BoardLocated in Pasadena, TXGenerous storage in this clean-lined teak cabinet. Four spacious drawers and three cabinets with shelving. Wood pulls. 65" W 25" D 39.5" HCategory
Mid-20th Century Scandinavian Scandinavian Modern CabinetsMaterials
- Antique Chinese Alter CabinetLocated in Pasadena, TX49.5? Antique Chinese alter cabinet 2 Door red cabinet hand painted in seasonal flowers. Violets and peonies are prominent with birds intermingled on...Category
Antique Late 19th Century Chinese Qing CabinetsMaterials
- Large Chinese Country CabinetLocated in Pasadena, TXLarge Chinese Country cabinet Handsome solid elmwood cabinet, having lattice front cabinet doors and three shelves.Category
21st Century and Contemporary Rustic CabinetsMaterials
- Travis Court Collection Drexel CabinetBy DrexelLocated in Pasadena, TXTravis Court Drexel buffet Georgian style mahogany buffet cabinet featuring 3 drawers and shelving below. Brass pulls. Measures: 36" Width x 18" De...Category
Vintage 1960s North American Federal CabinetsMaterials
- Mid-Century Walnut China CabinetLocated in Pasadena, TX47.5" Mid-Century Modern China cabinet Mid-Century Modern walnut china cabinet with brass fretwork over the doors revealing ample shelving for china ...Category
Vintage 1960s North American Mid-Century Modern CabinetsMaterials
- Art Deco Walnut Vitrine China CabinetLocated in Pasadena, TXAn Art Deco, two-section cabinet for china or bar storage. The upper cabinet has sliding glass doors and a mirrored interior. The lower cabinet fea...Category
Vintage 1930s Argentine Art Deco CabinetsMaterials
- Chinese Chippendale Baker Breakfront Secretary China Cabinet w/ Pierced PedimentBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Topeka, KSMarvelous Mid-20th Century Chinese Chippendale Baker Furniture mahogany & walnut breakfront secretary china cabinet or bookcase with pierced pe...Category
Mid-20th Century American Chinese Chippendale CabinetsMaterials
- BAKER Traditional Flame Mahogany Breakfront China CabinetBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Charlotte, NCA Traditional style breakfront china cabinet by Baker Furniture. Mahogany with Inlaid flame mahogany, brass hardware, crown moulding with pediment to top and paned glass doors. Upper...Category
Late 20th Century American Chippendale CabinetsMaterials
- Pair of Baker Far East Collection Ivory Glazed Mahogany CabinetsBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Chicago, ILPair of Baker Asian inspired two-door cabinets, from Winsor White's Far East Collection. One cabinet features three drawers and the other has open shelf storage. Large round nickel e...Category
Vintage 1950s American CabinetsMaterials
- Baker Neoclassical French Empire Mahogany Breakfront China Display Cabinet 90"By Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Dayton, OHExceptional Baker Furniture Company China Cabinet, circa early 2000s. Inspired by English Regency, Neoclassical and French Empire styling. A rectangular form with breakfront design...Category
Late 20th Century Neoclassical CabinetsMaterials
- Grand Georgian Style Solid Oak Baker China Cabinet Bookcase BreakfrontBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Swedesboro, NJFor customers that require professional insured delivery we are proud to have teamed up with a nationwide professional delivery company that will assist with coordinating your delivery needs! They offer a reasonable flat-rate fee for delivery and set up to the ground floor of your home. They deliver to the vast majority of the lower 48 states. They offer a flat rate for most of our items with exclusions for the largest or most complex items such as breakfronts or crystal chandeliers or other items of greater complexity. For those items please ask for a shipping quote prior to purchase as these rates are different from our stated pricing. For those items please ask for a shipping quote prior to purchase. Most deliveries to the East Coast will be 295.00, to the mid-west and Southern mid-west 395.00. To the areas west of Kansas 495.00 and the farthest points to the West coast will be 595.00. Again, some areas we can't cover, however we can deliver to most of the lower 48 states so please inquire to be sure! Delivery times range from as fast as 1-4 weeks for the east coast to 5-9 weeks to the farthest areas of the west coast, sometimes longer and sometimes even shorter. If it is a time sensitive purchase, we may be able to accommodate you for a higher price. It is our goal to please each and every one of our customers with the highest standard of service possible. You must realize and accept that we are shipping antique, vintage and quality used furnishings to your home. We cannot control traffic, weather, and acts of God. There will be times when additional patience will be necessary. This is a gorgeous Baker Furniture Company Georgian style bookcase...Category
Early 2000s American Georgian CabinetsMaterials
- Baker Furniture Fruitwood Breakfront China Cabinet or Bookcase, or ServerBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Milford, NHA Fine example of a two part fruitwood breakfront china cabinet, bookcase, or server, its upper case with a burled walnut veneer central pediment and molded cornice surmounting three...Category
20th Century American CabinetsMaterials
Recently ViewedView All
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery