A diminutive early Georgian kneehole desk, with one large and seven smaller drawers, and the prerequisite recessed kneehole cabinet. The walnut is attractively grained, marred and patinated. It is raised on a stepped arched bracket-footed base; with each pedestal front having complete symmetrical bracket feet. Given its proportions, today's best use may be bedside, sofa-side; as a young person's desk, or as a dressing table. The 'full-across' top drawer was altered to a fall-front extendable writing surface and subsequently restored to its original stationary drawer front condition.
- Of the Period
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturec. 1730
- ConditionGood. Fine restored antique condition; structurally sound with reasonable and expected imperfections to surface and finish. Modification and subsequent restoration to top drawer..
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
H 29.5 in. x W 33 in. x D 19.5 in.
H 74.93 cm x W 83.82 cm x D 49.53 cm
- Seller locationWoodbury, CT
- Seller reference number1304 LEEE/CSW
- Reference numberLU8667792142
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2009
Typical response time: 1 hr
Located in Woodbury, CT
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like