This fine period architects table was made in England, circa 1760 to 1770. Crafted from imported mahogany this was a costly and impressive form of furniture for a gentleman architect working in the country of a fashionable society interested in art, craft, engineering and aware of the burgeoning power of the Industrial revolution taking place throughout the world but very much so in England. Designed to expand, lift for standing work and to examine and hold large work sheets, the piece contains a full desk area as well as a slanted writing surface with hidden compartments. Presented with its completely original finish the piece could use a fresh French polish but is otherwise fine to use right away.
- Of the Period
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturecirca 1765
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionGood. The piece retains its original surface and could use a fresh french polish the desks baize surface is old and might be changed but looks good only faded.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
H 42 in. x W 38 in. x D 25.5 in.
H 106.68 cm x W 96.52 cm x D 64.77 cm
- Seller locationHudson, NY
- Reference numberLU81135343173
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2005
Typical response time: 3 hrs
Located in Hudson, NY
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like