Items Similar to 19th Century French Secretary Desk View More
19th Century French Secretary Desk
• Patinated wood finish • Original antique brass hardware • Leather writing surface • Hidden compartment • 19th century • France • Measures: 32" W x 17.5" D x 39" H.
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture19th Century
- Materials and Techniques
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 39 in. x W 32 in. x D 17.5 in.H 99.06 cm x W 81.28 cm x D 44.45 cm
- Seller LocationChicago, IL
- Seller Reference NumberHG156574
- Reference NumberLU877617037371
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 14 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2009
Typical response time: 1 hour
Located in Chicago, IL
More From This Seller
19th Century Herringbone Secretary Desk
Antique 19th Century French Desks and Writing Tables
Brass, Leather, Wood
• Herringbone wood detail • Patinaed stripped wood finish • Original antique brass hardware • Leather writing surface • Hidden compartment • 19th century • France • Measures 3...
19th Century Turned Leg Standing Office Desk
Antique 1850s American Desks and Writing Tables
• Originally from the office of Parnell, Lang & Co. • Patinated finish • Antique brass hardware, • circa 1850 • American • Measures: 52.5" W x 27.5" D x 48.5" H.
Mid-19th Century Eastlake Secretaire Desk Cabinet
Antique Mid-18th Century American Eastlake Secretaires
Brass, Glass, Wood
• Hand carved details • Antique brass hardware • On casters • Mid-19th century • American • Measures 38.75" W x 20.75" D x 79" H.
Early 20th Century Patinaed Wood Bank Desk
Early 20th Century American Industrial Desks and Writing Tables
• 96"W x 29.25"D x 57"H • Salvaged from a bank in upstate New York • Patinaed and worn wood finish • Iron support detail • Early 20th century • American
You May Also Like
19th Century French Louis Philippe Marble Top S...
Antique Mid-19th Century French Louis Philippe Desks and Writing Tables
Marble, Birdseye Maple, Mahogany
19th century French Louis Philippe marble top secretary was handcrafted from select imported "flame" mahogany, and features a marble top, copious storage, and a desktop that drops do...
Mid 19th Century French Writing Table/ Desk
Antique 19th Century French Louis XV Desks and Writing Tables
Louis XV fruitwood Bureau en Pente. Pull-out supports hold the fall front lid, opening to reveal drawers and compartments. The desk has a beautiful deep patina, never refinished. For...
19th Century Inlaid Ladies Desk
Antique Late 19th Century French Louis XV Secretaires
The piece is highly stylized. The quintessential "bonheur du jour". It is appointed with exquisite marquetry florals and quality bronze mounts - sabots, and swag designed bronze em...
19th Century French Writing Desk Secretary
Antique 19th Century French Secretaires
Bronze, Fruitwood, Marble
Very fine late 19th century French writing desk secretary with dore bronze mountings and Marble. It is made of a variety of woods - fruitwood, satinwood and walnut. There is a hidde...
$11,200 Sale Price
19th C Chippendale Style Mahogany Block Front S...
Antique Late 19th Century American Chippendale Desks and Writing Tables
19th century Chippendale style mahogany blockfront secretary desk. Item features solid mahogany wood construction, dramatic shapely legs terminating with ball and claw feet on the fr...
18th Century French Louis XVI Walnut Marquetry ...
Antique Late 18th Century French Louis XVI Secretaires
This antique slant desk or "Dos d'Ane" was created in Northern France, circa 1780. The fold out secretary is both stylish and functional; the elegant writing desk crafted from solid ...
19th-Century Biedermeier Secretary Desk
Antique Late 19th Century European Biedermeier Secretaires
We present you a wall piece of furniture of a simple form, veneered with mahogany. The rectangular case hides three high drawers at the bottom, a removable writing panel in the cente...
French 19th Century Walnut Secretaire à Abattant
Antique 19th Century French Restauration Secretaires
Marble, Bronze, Walnut
A fine walnut veneered secretaire à Abattant, with a Gris-St-Anne marble top above a frieze drawer and a fall front, enclosing a green leather-lined writing surface, a shelf and five...