Items Similar to 19th Century Country French Neoclassical Whitewashed Armoire
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 14
19th Century Country French Neoclassical Whitewashed Armoire
19th Century country French neoclassical whitewashed armoire is a majestic example of the revival of architecture that dates back to ancient Greece and Rome! The tailored design is enhanced by mitered corner posts that are also rounded, and the molding on the crown and base below are meticulously crafted to follow the complex curvatures and angles. An oval molded detail appears on the crown influenced by the quatrefoil form, and below that more molded detail which creates a framework for the subtly designed cabinet doors with raised & recessed panels accentuated by molded frameworks. Even the sides are treated with the same elements making this beauty a visual masterpiece viewed from any angle. External brass hinges complement the brass key guard and ensure the doors open wide in case you wish to utilize the interior as an entertainment center. If not, there are five surfaces for enormous storage opportunity. Tailored legs set at 45 degrees provide support. The whitewashed finish creates a pleasant, casual appearance perfect for 21st Century decors! Circa 1840s Measures 82 H x 62 W x 27 D.
- DimensionsHeight: 82 in. (208.28 cm)Width: 62 in. (157.48 cm)Depth: 27 in. (68.58 cm)
- StyleNeoclassical (In the Style Of)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1840s
- ConditionRefinished. Wear consistent with age and use. Whitewashed by our expert in-house staff!~.
- Seller LocationDallas, TX
- Reference NumberSeller: 2001-9124141stDibs: LU926223116162
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Ships From: Baton Rouge, LA
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in Dallas, TX
4.9 / 5
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 1991
1stDibs seller since 2012
736 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
More From This Seller
- Located in Dallas, TX19th century country French whitewashed armoire from Normandie is a marvel of rural craftsmanship where talented...Category
Antique Mid-19th Century French Country Wardrobes and ArmoiresMaterials
- Located in Dallas, TXEarly 19th century Country French fruitwood armoire is a charming way to add storage while creating a focal poin...Category
Antique Early 19th Century French Neoclassical Wardrobes and ArmoiresMaterials
- Located in Dallas, TX19th century neoclassical French walnut display Armoire features a stately presence, and a revival of ancient Gr...Category
Antique 1870s French Neoclassical Revival BookcasesMaterials
- Located in Dallas, TXGrand 19th century French neoclassical walnut six-door armoire with bold heraldic crest measures over 13 1/2 wid...Category
Antique 1880s French Neoclassical Wardrobes and ArmoiresMaterials
- Located in Dallas, TX19th century country French Provincial stripped armoire from Loire features tailored lines that belie the superl...Category
Antique Mid-19th Century French French Provincial Wardrobes and ArmoiresMaterials
You May Also Like
19th Century French Armoire
Located in Dallas, TX
19th century French armoire. Curved feet and shell motif at bottom, circa 1840.
Antique 1840s French French Provincial Wardrobes and Armoires
French Country Armoire/ Wardrobe 19th Century Louis XV Style
Located in Houston, TX
Hand carved armoire in pine with love birds and basket of flowers. Two doors that open wide With a brass bar for hanging clothing. One shelf above. Mounts on each inside for holdin...
Antique 1890s French Wardrobes and Armoires
19th Century American Neoclassical Style Bird's-Eye Maple Armoire
By John & Thomas Seymour
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia
A mid-19th century American richly finished armoire in bird’s-eye maple of neoclassic architectural shape and proportions; the cabinet is in three sections framed by ionic pilasters,...
Antique Mid-19th Century American American Classical Wardrobes and Armoires
Birdseye Maple, Mahogany
French 19th Century Mahogany Armoire
Located in Baton Rouge, LA
Massive French 19th century mahogany armoire. There are five original plate mirrored doors with some foxing, brass barrel hinges and escutcheons. The two sets of doors on either side...
Antique 19th Century French Other Wardrobes and Armoires
19th Century French Provincial Armoire
Located in New Orleans, LA
This fine French provincial double door armoire is beautifully crafted of fine walnut. Adorned with elegant, Rococo-inspired molding and featuring exceptional well-preserved, origina...
Antique 19th Century French Rococo Wardrobes and Armoires
French 19th Century Provincial Armoire
Located in Baton Rouge, LA
A nice, hand carved and painted armoire from 19th century France. It is crowned with dentil molding and graced with two large, shapely paneled doors with beautiful carvings. Musical ...
Antique 19th Century French French Provincial Wardrobes and Armoires
19th Century French Pine Armoire
Located in Atlanta, GA
Louis XV style armoire in pine with double cabinet door, arched cornice, cabriole feet, and one (1) interior shelf, 19th century, France.
Antique 19th Century French Louis XV Wardrobes and Armoires
18th Century French Country Armoire
Located in Evergreen, CO
Dating from the mid-late 1700s, featuring three large brass hinges on each door, long detailed escutcheons, three interior shelves and three drawers, one with a key. Beautiful patina...
Antique Mid-18th Century French Country Wardrobes and Armoires
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery
More Ways To Browse
Neoclassical Armoire Wardrobe
French Louis Xvi Armoire
French Xvi Armoires
Art Deco 1930 Armoire
French Cherry Armoire
Louis Xv Style Armoire
French Mahogany Armoire
Pair Of Armoires
Wood Armoire 2 Door
Antique Painted Wardrobe