Antique Victorian Marquetry Loo Table 5ft DiameterItem Status:
View Similar Items
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 11
Antique Victorian Marquetry Loo Table 5ft Diameter
A stunning and rare English antique Victorian marquetry loo table. Made from burr walnut with hand carved solid walnut base, circa 1870 in date. It is rare to find circular loo tables that are 156 cm in diameter as most of them are around 130 cm. This means that you can use it as a fabulous centre table or as a beautiful dining table that can seat 8 people. The base has been hand carved from solid walnut. It has three carved cabriole legs each with it's original porcelain castor. The foliate carving on the base have been beautifully done. The table top is secured to the base with a catch, which can be released so that the top can be stood on end. This can be useful if you need the space for a party. A Loo table was used for playing the popular Victorian card game Loo. However, it is extremely versatile and can be placed in your bedroom, living room, dining room, office or reception.
- DimensionsHeight: 28.35 in. (72 cm)Diameter: 61.42 in. (156 cm)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of ManufactureCirca 1870
- ConditionYou are viewing this item in it's excellent original condition as we have not yet had time to restore it. Any restoration that is required will be done before delivery and is included in the price.
- Seller LocationLondon, GB
- Reference NumberSeller: 033681stDibs: LU9506732533
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Estimated Customs Duties & Taxes to the Continental US: $0.Ships From: London, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in London, United Kingdom
5 / 5
These expertly vetted sellers are 1stDibs' most experienced sellers and are rated highest by our customers.
Established in 1983
1stDibs seller since 2012
797 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
LAPADA - The Association of Arts & Antiques Dealers
More From This Seller
- Located in London, GBThis is an elegant antique Charles X circular Gonçalo Alves centre table, circa 1830 in date. The table is ex...Category
Antique 1830s Charles X Center TablesMaterials
- Located in London, GBThis is a superb large Victorian burr walnut Loo table, circa 1860 in date. The beautifully figured quarter ...Category
Antique 1860s English Victorian TablesMaterials
- Located in London, GBThis is a wonderful antique Victorian ormolu-mounted envelope card table, circa 1880 in date. The card table is...Category
Antique 1880s English Victorian Card Tables and Tea TablesMaterials
- Located in London, GBThis is a fabulous antique English Edwardian profusely inlaid corner cabinet, circa 1880 in date. The cabinet i...Category
Antique 1880s British Victorian CabinetsMaterials
- Located in London, GBA stupendous antique Victorian burr walnut, floral marquetry and ormolu mounted writing table, circa 1860 in dat...Category
Antique 1860s English Victorian Desks and Writing TablesMaterials
- Located in London, GBThis is a stunning antique Victorian burr walnut, marquetry inlaid and ormolu mounted credenza, circa 1880 in da...Category
Antique 1880s English Victorian CredenzasMaterials
You May Also Like
Antique Victorian Walnut and Marquetry Circular Table
Located in London, GB
This wonderful breakfast table was crafted in England in circa 1870, during the reign of Queen Victoria. The item is notable for its large circular top which is decorated with bea...
Antique 1870s English Victorian Center Tables
Victorian period Walnut Loo table, circa 1880
Located in Brighton, Sussex
A very good quality late 19th century Victorian period burr walnut Loo table, having this wonderful parquetry inlaid crossbanding to the quarter veneered top. Supported on four turne...
Antique Late 19th Century Victorian Center Tables
Victorian Rosewood Loo Breakfast Centre Table Tilt Top
Located in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Antique fine quality Victorian 19th century rosewood loo, breakfast or centre table with a tilt-top. Solid, heavy and with no loose joints. Breath-taking quality matched rosewood ve...
Antique 19th Century Victorian Center Tables
Early Victorian Walnut Marquetry Centre Table
By Edward Holmes Baldock
Located in Lymington, Hampshire
An early Victorian walnut marquetry centre table, attributed to Edward Holmes Baldock, of circular form with a superb quarter veneered burr walnut top inlaid with a garland of natura...
Antique 1840s English Center Tables
Antique Folding Marquetry Centre Table
Located in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Folding marquetry centre, side or occasional table, circa 1900-1920 This is a lovely top quality table, that is full of age, charm and character. Brass edging and mounts. Rare and ...
Vintage 1910s Center Tables
Antique Satinwood Marquetry Centre Table
Located in Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire
A fine William IV satinwood centre table with attractive marquetry inlay to the top and base.
Antique 1830s English William IV Center Tables
Antique Walnut Marquetry Octagonal Centre Table
By James Winter & Sons
Located in London, GB
An outstanding centre table labelled James Winter & Sons, Wardour Street, London Of octagonal form: constructed in a finely marked Circassian walnut, carved, and with arabesque in...
Antique 1830s British William IV Center Tables
19th Century Victorian Walnut Marquetry Center Table, 1850s
Located in Roma, RM
English center table, early Victorian era, magnificent in form and quality of inlays on the top, not least the central block, finely carved and punched. In walnut briar wood on the t...
Antique 1840s English Early Victorian Center Tables