A specimen Boston needlework table with its rare original wooden 'work in progress' canister. The leg turnings and foliate carvings are comparable to those of the Vose shop. This table has a reed edged drop leaf top. When its leaves are raised, the work surface is increased from 19" to 37.5" in length. Compatible and well sized with our Japanned painted Baltimore Needlework Table; as a composed 'collectors pair' of bedside tables or sofa-end tables.
Of the Period
Place of Origin
Date of Manufacture
Mahogany solids and crotch veneers. Original brasses. Original wooden works canister.
Good. Original finish, as found estate condition; minor losses to unusual wooden work basket structure. Casters may be added at the option of the purchaser..
Wear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. Minor fading.
27.5 in. H x 37.5 in. W x 18.5 in. D
70 cm H x 95 cm W x 47 cm D
Number of Items
More from this Dealer
- New England Federal Pembroke Table
- New York Classical Drop-leaf Pedestal Table
- 16th Century Italian Renaissance Standing Desk Console or Center Table
- American Federal Triple Pedestal Gillow's Patent Dining Table
- Anglo-Indian Oval Rosewood Pedestal Table
- George II Walnut Lowboy
- Rhode Island Lowboy Mixing Table
- PAIR of Empire Revival Nesting End Tables
- PAIR Massachusetts Federal Card Tables
- French Leather Top Wine Tasting Table
- Inlaid Mahogany Carlton House Desk
- Chinese Tongzhi Altar Cabinet