A Jacobean (James I) Revival oak draw-leaf center table; suitable as a writing, sofa back, or dining table for four. The unusual carved stretcher formation, the 'bulb' leg turnings, and the block fluting; all evidence early application of Machine Age workmanship, preceding British 'Arts & Crafts' by several decades. All surfaces are attractively time worn and waxed. The top is parquetry and black ink stained, as if used as a writing table.
- Place of origin
- Date of manufactureMid 19th Century
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionStructurally solid with a time worn, ink stained, mellow waxed patina. .
H 31/32.5 in. x W 66/39.25 in. x D 31 in.
D 78.74 cm
- Seller locationWoodbury, CT
- Seller reference number1008 OSO SW
- Reference numberU1008118667188
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2009
Typical response time: 1 hr
Located in Woodbury, CT
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like