Items Similar to Early Georgian Refectory Table View More
Early Georgian Refectory Table
A hand hewn George I period chestnut refectory preparation or serving table, which may have been originally made to serve as a kitchen dough table; with apron drawers at each end for dough storage. Its end legs are joined by concave flat stretchers. Its frontal frieze panels include a circular centerpiece. A 'work' table, it is not suitable as a dining table given its deep paneled friezes. It is useful today as a console, server or low sideboard in an informal living or dining room; or as a sofa-back table for a pair of oversized lamps or porcelains.
- Of the PeriodGeorge I
- Place of Origin
- Date of ManufactureEarly 18th Century
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsStructurally solid and sound for utilitarian kitchen furniture of its age. Provincial period furniture of larger scale, for appropriate usage today in an informal setting.
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. Minor structural damages. Minor fading.
- DimensionsH 28.5 in. x W 67.5 in. x D 27.5 in.H 72.39 cm x W 171.45 cm x D 69.85 cm
- Seller LocationWoodbury, CT
- Seller Reference Number1503 AEEE CAW
- Reference NumberLU86672028302
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity
Some items may require special handling and packaging. Request a shipping quote to see what options are available to your destination.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 1 day of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2009
Located in Woodbury, CT
More From This Seller
Spanish Baroque Walnut Table
Antique Late 17th Century Spanish Baroque Farm Tables
Walnut, Wrought Iron
An Iberian walnut provincial splayed leg trestle-form side table, with wrought iron bent twisted rods attached to the wooden side stretchers; in the Castilian Baroque manner. Two fr...
Knotted Pine Planked 'Demi-Ended' Farm Table
Antique Late 19th Century American American Craftsman Dining Room Tables
A rare and highly unusual demilune-ended farmhouse or refectory table, on four Sheraton-esque turned and castered legs. Accommodating 12 for dining with minimal interference of table...
Rhode Island Lowboy Mixing Table
Antique Mid-18th Century American American Colonial Serving Tables
Chestnut, Mahogany, Pine
A rare and unusual boot-footed mahogany three-drawered lowboy mixing table, with a white faintly grained Carrara marble top and shell carved knees. The mahogany appears to be Bahamia...
French Restauration Period Pier Table
Antique 1830s French Restauration Console Tables
Mirror, Ormolu, Marble, Mahogany
A French Restauration period marble-top mahogany pier table with exceptionally fine ormolu mounts of harpies and lyres to its apron. Three turned ormolu elements on the frontal colum...