French Midcentury Maison Jansen Side Couch Table Patinated Brass Glass 1960s
About the Item
- Creator:Maison Jansen (Manufacturer)
- Similar to:Maison Charles (Manufacturer)Maison Baguès (Manufacturer)
- Dimensions:Height: 15.75 in (40 cm)Width: 23.63 in (60 cm)Depth: 13.78 in (35 cm)
- Style:Mid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:1960
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Nierstein am Rhein, DE
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU2625329570902
The Dutch-born Jean-Henri Jansen (1854–1928) was only in his mid-20s when he set up his Parisian design business in 1880. By the time he died, Maison Jansen had become the world’s first international decorating firm. Today, it is still regarded as one of the most notable firms and period furniture manufacturers in history, with its vintage floor lamps, tables, dressers and other furnishings remaining in demand.
Maison Jansen initially came to international prominence in 1883 when the young Jean-Henri Jansen traveled to Amsterdam to participate in the International Colonial Exposition, an event that featured presentations by 28 different nations and was attended by over a million visitors. There he exhibited as part of the French pavilion and won the silver medal. This led to two prominent new clients: King William III of the Netherlands and King Alfonso XII of Spain. Next was King Leopold II of Belgium for the interiors of the Château du Laeken, as well as commissions for Egypt’s King Farouk and Great Britain’s King Edward VII. Thanks to his participation in global expositions and fairs, Jansen expanded the renown of the firm so that its studios would reign in such major cities as London, New York, Buenos Aires, Cairo and many more.
Jansen was not only sought after for his taste but also for his custom period-inspired pieces. For example, in the Count and Countess de Revilla de Camargo’s Havana mansion, Jansen designed Louis XV–style furniture crafted from Cuban mahogany, enhancing Maison Jansen’s reputation as an expert maker. His custom furniture business was so successful that by 1900 he had opened his own atelier and employed around 700 artisans. In the 1960s, the firm, then led by Stéphane Boudin, worked with Jacqueline Kennedy on the refurbishment of rooms in the White House, including such spaces as the Queens’ Sitting Room, which featured bright blue fabric and neoclassical details.
Maison Jansen continued to produce furniture designs through the 20th century, responding to shifting tastes from Art Nouveau to Modern Regency. The atelier and studio officially closed its doors in 1989.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Nierstein am Rhein, Germany
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
- French Midcentury Maison Baguès Jansen Couch Sofa Table Brass Mirror Glass 1950sBy Maison Baguès, Maison Charles, Maison JansenLocated in Nierstein am Rhein, DELarge elegant French Maison Baguès patinated brass and mirrored glass sofa, couch side or end table, Paris France circa 1950-1960. The high quality table comparable to Maison Jansen and Maison Charles is 50 cm / 19.69 inches tall, 111 cm / 43.70 inches wide and 60 cm / 23.62 inches deep. The light grey to blueish tinted glass table...Category
Vintage 1950s French Mid-Century Modern Side TablesMaterials
- Chic 1950s Maison Baguès Side Sofa Couch Table Gilt Brass Mirror Glass JansenBy Maison Baguès, Maison Charles, Maison JansenLocated in Nierstein am Rhein, DEChic and elegant French Maison Baguès gilt brass and mirrored glass side, sofa, couch or end table, Paris France circa 1950-1960. The heavy and high quality side table comparable to Maison Jansen and Maison Charles is 54 cm / 21.26 inches tall, 40 cm / 15.75 inches wide and 40 cm / 15.75 inches deep. It stays in very good to excellent original vintage condition with typical characteristic wear consistent with age and use. This amazing classical midcentury beauty is a perfect addition for a noble living or master bedroom. For more bar carts, tables, sconces and chandeliers...Category
Vintage 1950s French Mid-Century Modern Side TablesMaterials
- French 1950 Bar Cart Serving Trolley Side Table Maison Jansen Baguès Brass GlassBy Maison Jansen, Maison Charles, Maison BaguèsLocated in Nierstein am Rhein, DEAmazing 3-tiers vintage bar cart, drinks serving trolley or side table on four wheels made by Maison Jansen Paris, France circa 1950. It is made of patinated brass with clear slightl...Category
Vintage 1950s French Mid-Century Modern Carts and Bar CartsMaterials
- Set of Three Midcentury Nesting Side Tables Brass Glass Maison Baguès JansenBy Fontana Arte, Maison Baguès, Maison JansenLocated in Nierstein am Rhein, DEA beautiful set of three Midcentury nesting or side tables in patinated brass with slightly green tinted glass table tops made most probably by Maison Baguès or Jansen, France, circa...Category
Vintage 1950s French Mid-Century Modern Nesting Tables and Stacking TablesMaterials
- Maison Jansen Magazine Holder Stand Rack Brass Glass France 1960s Bagues CharlesBy Maison Jansen, Maison Charles, Maison BaguèsLocated in Nierstein am Rhein, DEMidcentury patinated brass and slightly brown tinted glass magazine holder, rack or stand by Maison Jansen comparable to Maison Baguès and Maison Charles, France, circa 1960. This f...Category
Vintage 1960s French Hollywood Regency Magazine Racks and StandsMaterials
- Rare French Maison Jansen Lantern Gilt Brass Crystal Glass 1960 Bagues CharlesBy Maison Jansen, Maison Charles, Maison BaguèsLocated in Nierstein am Rhein, DEGorgeous French midcentury gilt brass metal and crystal glass disc lantern with star motif made by Maison Jansen, France circa 1950s to 1960s. The fabulous of vintage pendant lamp ta...Category
Vintage 1960s French Mid-Century Modern LanternsMaterials
- Pair of French Maison Jansen Brass Mirrored End Tables, 1960sBy Maison JansenLocated in Paris, IDFThis pair of end tables by French design house Maison Jansen was created with solid brass and typical French neoclassical brass bamboo, pine cone, lion paw and old patina mirror, cir...Category
Vintage 1960s French Mid-Century Modern End TablesMaterials
- Pair of French Modern Neoclassical Double Level Brass Side Tables, Maison JansenBy Maison Jansen, Maison BaguèsLocated in New York, NYPair of French Mid-Century Modern neoclassical double level brass side tables / nightstands with original green tint glass tops by Maison Jansen. These Jansen double tier end tabl...Category
Mid-20th Century French Mid-Century Modern End TablesMaterials
- Pair of French Maison Jansen Brass Gunmetal Onyx End Tables, 1960sBy Maison JansenLocated in Paris, IDFThis beautiful pair of end tables by French design house Maison Jansen was created with solid brass, gunmetal patina feet, typical french neoclassical pine cone, and beautiful onyx t...Category
Antique 1660s French Mid-Century Modern End TablesMaterials
- Maison Jansen Attributed Brass, Steel and Glass Tiered Side Table, circa 1960By Maison JansenLocated in Los Angeles, CAA beautiful brass, steel and glass tiered side table, attributed to Maison Jansen circa 1960, has plenty of patina developed over years which is ...Category
Vintage 1960s French Mid-Century Modern Side TablesMaterials
- Maison Jansen Hollywood Regency Brass Side TableBy Maison JansenLocated in Weesp, NLBrass side table by Maison Jansen. Stylish Mid-Century Modern two-tier coffee table by Maison Jansen. This sophisticated piece is in excellent condition. Measurements: D 60.5 x W 60...Category
Vintage 1970s French Hollywood Regency Side TablesMaterials
- Maison Jansen Brass Hollywood Regency Side TableBy Maison JansenLocated in Weesp, NLElegant brass Hollywood Regency Maison Jansen side table in great condition. Table will be shipped to the US in a custom made wooden crate. Cost of transport wooden custom made c...Category
Late 20th Century French Hollywood Regency Side TablesMaterials