- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Mahogany and Wicker Side Table by John Hutton for Donghia
- DimensionsHeight: 24.5 in. (62.23 cm)Width: 23 in. (58.42 cm)Depth: 28 in. (71.12 cm)
- StyleOrganic Modern (In the Style Of)
- Materials and Techniques
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1990s
- Seller LocationLas Vegas, NV
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU1399228409342
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Las Vegas, NV
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Manufacturer
With distinctive style touches like gray flannel upholstery and overstuffed seating, American designer Angelo Donghia (1935–85) was a visionary leader of bold interior design and furniture in the 1970s and ’80s. Although Donghia lived only to age 50, by the time of his death from AIDS-related pneumonia, his name graced numerous furniture and decor companies, in addition to his own interior designs.
After graduating from Parsons School of Design in 1959, Donghia joined the interiors firm of Yale R. Burge, and his star rose quickly from there. By 1963, he had been appointed vice president and in 1966, partner — a move that came with a name change for the firm to Burge-Donghia Interiors. In 1968, he founded the fabrics and wall coverings company & Vice Versa, and in 1978 he founded Donghia Furniture. With this holistic approach, Donghia was able to oversee nearly every element of an interior design project, which, for him, spanned everything from corporate offices (notably PepsiCo’s world headquarters in Purchase, New York) to the Metropolitan Opera Club at Lincoln Center to residential interiors for clients such as Diana Ross and Ralph Lauren.
After he inherited Burge’s firm, he continued to develop its reach as Donghia Associates. He opened a series of showrooms around the country to offer his designs to a wider audience, who loved the company’s marriage of minimal forms with luxe materials. His silver-foil ceilings, mixing of eclectic textile patterns and plush furniture set trends and, through mass marketing, influenced the direction of American interior design.
“I feel that I’ve developed my own style that is as classic and minimal as the ’30s style it reflects,” the designer once told New York magazine. In 2015, the retrospective “Angelo Donghia: Design Superstar” at the New York School of Interior Design chronicled his influence on all facets of modern interiors, from furnishings to wall coverings. It’s an approach that still resonates today. Donghia continued to operate as a company after his death, acquired by the Rubelli Group in 2005. After it filed for bankruptcy in 2020 and closed its showrooms, its name, designs, archives and inventory were acquired by Kravet.
Find authentic Donghia furniture today on 1stDibs.
- Midcentury Round Chrome and Glass Cantilevered Side TableBy Pace Collection, Eileen GrayLocated in Las Vegas, NVAbsolutely gorgeous, polished stainless steel and glass cantilever side table. A smaller table, but not small on style. Perfect size next to a chair or between 2. Although I am un...Category
20th Century Mid-Century Modern TablesMaterials
- Pair of Leather Demilune Side Tables by Maitland SmithBy Maitland SmithLocated in Las Vegas, NVPetite pair of leather and metal demilune tables by Maitland Smith. Each table features a single small drawer. Tables are in overall good condition, showing some minimal signs of w...Category
Late 20th Century Side TablesMaterials
- Walnut and Marble Sheaf of Wheat Table by Edward WormleyBy Edward Wormley, Dunbar FurnitureLocated in Las Vegas, NVGorgeous mid-century walnut and marble side table with brass details, designed in the 1950's by Edward Wormley for Dunbar. Table is in pristine condition with no imperfections to...Category
Mid-20th Century Mid-Century Modern Side TablesMaterials
- Cast Resin Propeller Table, 1970By Chicago Statuary Company, Knut HesterbergLocated in Las Vegas, NVVintage cast resin propeller side table made to look like hammered metal. A interesting take on the aluminum propeller tables created by Knut Hesterburg. Made in Chicago by the Chica...Category
20th Century Brutalist Side TablesMaterials
- Postmodern Tresfoil Side Table by Maitland SmithBy Maitland Smith, Karl SpringerLocated in Las Vegas, NVLook at this color. Gorgeous dark emerald green, tessellated stone side table by Maitland-Smith. Table has a very eye-catching, trefoil shape, with three waterfall legs. Very designe...Category
20th Century Post-Modern Side TablesMaterials
- Pair of Midcentury Enameled Copper and Walnut Side TablesBy John KealLocated in Las Vegas, NVNice set of authentic midcentury walnut side tables with enameled copper inlay by Brown Saltman. Fun, classic pieces. Tables are in great vintage condition overall. One chip to th...Category
20th Century Mid-Century Modern Side TablesMaterials
You May Also Like
1990s North American Organic Modern Night Stands
20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Side Tables
Late 20th Century European Side Tables
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Side Tables
Mid-20th Century Dutch Mid-Century Modern Side Tables
Bamboo, Wicker, Rattan, Glass
Late 20th Century Spanish Side Tables
Vintage 1980s American Minimalist End Tables
Vintage 1950s Swedish Scandinavian Modern Side Tables
2010s American Modern Side Tables
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery