Items Similar to White Laminate Parsons Style Side or End Tables with Glass Tops, a Pair
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 16
White Laminate Parsons Style Side or End Tables with Glass Tops, a Pair
Awesome pair of rectangular shaped white laminate covered particle board parson’s style side or end tables with optional rectangle glass tops. Wonderful vintage condition. Minor dents on one leg have been touched up and there is a chip in 1 corner of each piece of glass and one piece of glass has a bit more wear and scratches. Please see photos, circa 1960s-1970s. You know the phrase “Two is better than one?” Well, we think so… especially when it comes to this wonderful pair of white laminate parson’s style side tables! Such a classic design that dates to 1930 when French designer Jean-Michael Frank decided he was going to design a table that was simple enough that it could fit into any home regardless of style preference. Contemporary, Mid-Century Modern, or modern, Parson’s style tables just work! This pair would be fabulous as end tables beside your sofa, side tables with foliage, vases, or a pair of lamps, or maybe next to your bed as nightstands. The possibilities are endless. The original Parson’s table was designed in New York City at the Parson’s School of Design by French designer Jean-Michael Frank in the 1930s. There is an article that states, "Frank challenged students to design a table so basic that it would retain its integrity whether sheathed in gold leaf, mica, parchment, split straw or painted burlap, or even left robustly unvarnished. What grew out of Frank's sketches and the students' participation was initially called the T-square table. Parsons tables are often intended for use as modern or contemporary furniture, and their striking design has made them popular as coffee tables, dining tables, side tables, and occasional tables. Double your pleasure and make these Parson’s tables yours! Table Size: • Height – 22.75 inches • Width – 36 inches • Depth – 16.25 inches • Glass – 16.25 x 36 x ½ inches • Base – 22.25 x 16 x 36 inches • Glass weight – 26 pounds • Base weight – 37.1 pounds • O/A weight – 63.1 pounds Boxed/Crated size: • Height – 52 inches • Width – 42 inches • Depth – 22 inches • Boxed weight – 140 pounds • Crated weight – 250 pounds.
- Similar to(after) Jean Michel Frank (Designer)
- DimensionsHeight: 22.75 in. (57.79 cm)Width: 36 in. (91.44 cm)Depth: 16.25 in. (41.28 cm)
- Sold AsSet of 2
- StyleMid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1960s-1970s
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Wonderful vintage condition. Minor dents on one leg have been touched up and there is a chip in 1 corner of each piece of glass and one piece of glass has a bit more wear and scratches. Please see photos.
- Seller LocationTopeka, KS
- Reference NumberSeller: 414-TBL-2591stDibs: LU1873322421152
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Ships From: Topeka, KS
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in Topeka, KS
4.9 / 5
These expertly vetted sellers are 1stDibs' most experienced sellers and are rated highest by our customers.
Established in 1989
1stDibs seller since 2016
457 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: <1 hour
More From This Seller
- By Conant BallLocated in Topeka, KSHandsome pair of blonde Mid-Century Modern side tables or end tables with light faux woodgrain laminate tops. Th...Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern End TablesMaterials
- By (after) Jean Michel FrankLocated in Topeka, KSFabulous Mid-Century Modern two-tiered white laminate particle board rectangle Parson’s style coffee or end tabl...Category
Late 20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
Glass, Laminate, Masonite
- By Lane FurnitureLocated in Topeka, KSHandsome pair of vintage modern parsons style rectangular end tables or side tables by Lane of Alta Vista in wal...Category
Vintage 1970s American Modern End TablesMaterials
- By Syroco, KartellLocated in Topeka, KSWonderful pair of heavy plastic parsons square side tables. They are both antique white but just a shade differe...Category
Mid-20th Century Mid-Century Modern End TablesMaterials
- By (after) Jean Michel FrankLocated in Topeka, KSFabulous pair of Mid-Century Modern black lacquered Parsons style side tables. One (1) square and one (1) rectan...Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Side TablesMaterials
- By Dunbar Furniture, Paul McCobbLocated in Topeka, KSVery handsome and versatile set of 4 Mid-Century Modern rectangular birch side tables with white laminate tops a...Category
Mid-20th Century North American Mid-Century Modern End TablesMaterials
You May Also Like
Edward Wormley Parsons Style Side or End Table for Dunbar
By Edward Wormley, Dunbar Furniture
Located in Brooklyn, NY
Gorgeous side or end table designed by Edward Wormley for Dunbar. A lovely walnut patina accompanies the evening and dramatic walnut grain patterns. Even color throughout with normal...
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern End Tables
Postmodern White Laminate Cube Side End or Occasional Table
By Memphis Group, Milo Baughman
Located in Miami Beach, FL
Postmodern cube table rendered in white laminate.
Late 20th Century American Post-Modern End Tables
$2,000 Sale Price
Bertha Schaefer End or Side Tables Walnut with Travertine Tops
By Bertha Schaefer, M. Singer & Sons
Located in Kansas City, MO
Bertha Schaefer end or side tables. Walnut with travertine tops.
Vintage 1950s Italian Mid-Century Modern End Tables
Pair of Thayer Coggin Tables Parsons Side Table End Table
By Thayer Coggin
Located in West Hartford, CT
Parsons table that match from Thayer Coggin, circa 1970s. Features clean, white Formica with black trim design. Underneath, there is a heavy wooden frame. The tables are supported by...
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Side Tables
Bertha Schaefer Midcentury End or Side Tables in Walnut with Travertine Tops
By Bertha Schaefer, M. Singer & Sons
Located in Bridgeport, CT
Fabulous boat tail shaped side or end tables designed by Bertha Schaefer for M. Singer and produced in the 1950s. Very sculptural walnut frames with "floating" Italian travertine top...
Vintage 1950s American Mid-Century Modern End Tables
Pair of Mid-Century Modern X-Bases Glass Tops End Side Tables
Located in Rockaway, NJ
Pair of Mid-Century Modern rectangle glass tops actual polished brass end tables by Knobb Creek. Mastercraft influence.
20th Century American Mid-Century Modern End Tables
Pair of Jansen Style End Table with Mirrored Tops
By Maison Jansen
Located in West Palm Beach, FL
Pair of gueridon end tables, in the manner of Maison Jansen, each having a round top of antiqued mirror, on table bases of polished steel, raised on three curving legs, headed with r...
Mid-20th Century Italian Neoclassical End Tables
Brass, Stainless Steel
Pair of Vintage Burr Walnut Long Side Tables with Drawers Both Ends & Glass Tops
Located in London, GB
We are delighted to this stunning pair of vintage Burr Walnut side tables with glass tops and double drawers either end A very good looking and versatile pair of side tables, I ha...
20th Century English Mid-Century Modern Side Tables
$2,562 Sale Price / set