A fine George III period Tea Table constructed in Mahogany throughout. Dating from the fourth quarter of the 1700s, and English in origin. The table surface in figured mahogany with moulded edge & shaped corners, above a serpentine frieze containing two sliding drawers. Each drawer with reeded border and brass ring-pull. Each end panel containing a candle slide, featuring similar moulded border & brass knops. Mounted atop four cabriole legs in Mahogany, each with acanthus-carved knees, and ending with ball-and-claw feet. William Word Fine Antiques: Atlanta's Source for antique European furniture and interiors since 1956.
- Of the Period
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturec. 1780
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionExcellent. Fine antique condition, without signifcant damage to the cabriole legs, and with superficial touch-ups, the brass drawer-handles replaced, the table surface without major cracks or blemishes. .
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
H 29 in. x W 36.5 in. x D 24 in.
H 73.66 cm x W 92.71 cm x D 60.96 cm
- Seller locationAtlanta, GA
- Seller reference numberTT86
- Reference number0802258365420
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2007
Typical response time: 9 hrs
Located in Atlanta, GA
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like