Internationally known artist Purvis Young (1943-2010) was recognized as a master painter by the art world. An "outsider" artist, Young was self-taught and self-educated. He substituted a lack of formal education with intensive reading and study and was knowledgeable and sophisticated about the history of art. His work was as prolific as it was unique, especially when you consider he painted on just about any found object. Young's art is widely collected and can be found in many private collections, public institutions and museums throughout the world. Horses were one of Young's favourite subjects for paintings. This abstract painting of horses on a vibrant blue background is exceptional and of a size that is rarely available for sale. It is painted on a large found sheet of plywood and is unframed. Signed lower left.
- CreatorPurvis Young (Artist)
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacture1990s
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionExcellent. There are a few chipped edges as is consistent with found materials often used by the artist. Otherwise the artwork is in excellent condition and is consistent with the artist's intentions. .
H 41 in. x W 82 in. x D 2.50 in.
H 104.14 cm x W 208.28 cm x D 6.35 cm
- Seller locationCathedral City, CA
- Seller reference number100651 AAOO
- Reference numberLU85928603683
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2008
Typical response time: 9 hrs
Located in Cathedral City, CA
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like