- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Donald Sultan Collectible 2008 Mimosas Mostly Mozart Festival Poster
- CreatorDonald Sultan (Retailer)
- DimensionsHeight: 37 in (93.98 cm)Width: 46 in (116.84 cm)Depth: 3 in (7.62 cm)
- StyleExpressionist (In the Style Of)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture2008
- ConditionMinor losses. Thei piece is protected amd undisturbed in its original frame. But the frame has digs and dings, and the surface is rough in areas. The piece could definitely use a new frame or perhaps just some conservancy and repair to the current frame.
- Seller LocationLomita, CA
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU6651230079202
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Lomita, CA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
About the Retailer
Donald Sultan is a distinguished painter, sculptor, and printmaker who rose to prominence in the late 1970s as part of the “New Image” movement in New York City.
Sultan has a unique artistic method and innovative approach to traditional subject matter. Known as Abstract Representation, Sultan’s paintings, prints and other art are characterized by the use of geometric black forms set against organic areas of bright color, thus bringing an abstract sensibility to his iconographic images of still life. Throughout his career he has revisited and reinvented still life, using images of lemons, poppies, playing cards, fruits, flowers, and other objects. Sultan’s lemons, a recurrent theme in his artworks, have in fact become an iconic image all over the world.
“All of the images of those dark pictures are really about the architecture in the paintings; they seem so massive and strong and permanent, but nothing is permanent,” Sultan has said. “The image in the front is very fragile, but it conveys the loaded meaning of everything that is contained in the painting.”
Sultan is considered to be at the forefront of contemporary art. Although his paintings are often classified as landscapes and still lifes, Sultan states that they are first and foremost abstracts. Besides paintings, drawings, and sculptures, he has created many editions. Sultan’s prints are unique: he uses specific materials like “flocking” to create expressive and powerful prints that are reminiscent of his forceful paintings. Since his first solo exhibition in 1977, Sultan’s artistic career has progressed rapidly; his works are part of the most prominent public and private collections to be found across the globe.
Find original Donald Sultan art on 1stDibs.
(Biography provided by Weng Contemporary — ArtXX AG)
- Copper Monumental Collectible Hand-Forged Signed Leaf and Floral Sculpture ArtLocated in Lomita, CAThe gloves are off--the reserve has been removed on this one-of-a kind copper art piece. Framed Copper hand-forged rectangular wall art can be mounted on a wall or suspended from the...Category
Early 20th Century American American Craftsman Wall-mounted SculpturesMaterials
- 19th Century Collectible Maple or Walnut Hand-Carved Table with Scalloped RimLocated in Lomita, CAThe absolute attraction of this table is the intricate carving on the top, which includes a centerpiece portrait of a gentleman wearing a period hat, and his image is surrounded by h...Category
Antique Late 19th Century American Aesthetic Movement Side TablesMaterials
- Monumental Empoli Glass and Brass Hollywood Regency Table LampLocated in Lomita, CAThe circular impressions on the Empoli glass and the lighting element in the lower chamber of the lamp are just the beginning of what makes this lamp special and rare. The shade of g...Category
Mid-20th Century American Hollywood Regency Table LampsMaterials
- Domed Opaline Glass Shade Iron Tripod Table Lamp with Copper ClaspLocated in Lomita, CAThe opaline glass dome gives this lamp the best futuristic feel as well as the tripod feet that suggest some sort of "landing." Everything about the wrought iron details and base tha...Category
Mid-20th Century American Space Age Table LampsMaterials
- Seated Kwan Yin Ethan Allen Blanc de Chine Table Lamp with Original ShadeBy Ethan AllenLocated in Lomita, CAThis is one of the most dramatic lighting pieces in our collection of several blanc de chine pieces from mid century, and it is in almost perfect condition. The vintage Ethan Allen s...Category
Mid-20th Century American Chinoiserie Table LampsMaterials
- French Delft Style Blue and White Ceramic Table LampBy DelftLocated in Lomita, CABlue and white baluster shape and delicately carved fleur de lys in blue on white ceramic is reason enough to covet this beautiful oversized table lamp produced between 1940 and 1960...Category
Mid-20th Century French French Provincial Table LampsMaterials
- 1985 Grand Canyon Chamber Music Festival Framed PosterLocated in Copake Falls, NYAn original lithograph poster for the Grand Canyon Chamber Music Festival, promoting their second season in September 1985. Above, is a print of a painting of the Grand Canyon by Ed ...Category
Vintage 1980s North American PostersMaterials
- 1960's Coach Travel Poster by Donald SmithLocated in London, GBGorgeous colours in this original English 1960’s coach travel poster by Donald Smith. This rare poster would have been displayed in a UK travel bureau or in a bus or coach serving ro...Category
Vintage 1960s British Mid-Century Modern PostersMaterials
- Susan Crile Mostly Mozart Lincoln Center Serigraph Poster 1985 FramedLocated in Keego Harbor, MIA fantastic serigraph poster advertising Mostly Mozart at Lincoln Center 1985 designed by Susan Crile. There is a sense of movement and energy to this poster that would be the perfec...Category
Vintage 1980s PrintsMaterials
- "5 Lemons, a Pear and an Egg" by Donald SultanBy Donald SultanLocated in Stamford, CT"5 Lemons, a Pear and an Egg" by Donald Sultan (American, b. 1951), an artist's proof (18/25); titled, dated 1994 and initialed in pencil. The full sheet is framed using acid free ma...Category
1990s American Modern Contemporary ArtMaterials
- Donald Sultan Print, "Cherries" Signed and Numbered 51/100, 1988By Donald SultanLocated in Toledo, OHTitled, "Cherries", created by Donald Sultan, 1988. Hand-signed, dated and numbered by the artist, 51/100. Very nice condition. Dimensions with the frame are 25.25" x 25.25" the imag...Category
Vintage 1980s American Modern PrintsMaterials
- 1980s Aqui Magazine Pop Art Poster Print Issue #6 by Steve GianakosLocated in Dayton, OH"Aqui Issue No. 6 illustrated pop art by Steve Gianakos. Since the 1970s Steve Gianakos has been reveling in sexism, kiddy porn, cheap comics and coloring-book-style renditions of...Category
Vintage 1980s Expressionist PostersMaterials