A black cat works magic to lure patrons in to “Chat Noir,” the nightclub in this poster by Théophile Steinlen. Originally a textile designer, Steinlen is best known as an illustrator who created posters of cabarets and music hall performers incorporating his signature cats. The Chat Noir, a lively Montmartre cabaret, published a journal illustrated by Steinlen, who created hundreds of images for French magazines.
- CreatorThéophile Alexandre Steinlen (Artist)
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacture1896
- ConditionExcellent. Very Fine (A-) one tear, bearly discernable.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
H 35 in. x W 26 in.
H 88.9 cm x W 66.04 cm
- Seller locationLos Gatos, CA
- Seller reference number11035
- Reference numberLU85531326750
Shipping, Returns & Payment
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2008
Typical response time: 5 hrs
Located in Los Gatos, CA
The Art and Antique Dealers League of America
Antiques Associations Members
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like