A beautiful festoon citrine necklace from the Art Nouveau (ca1900) era! Made of vibrant 9kt yellow gold, the delicate chain is adorned with five dangling hearts, giving the piece a romantic and feminine look. The hearts, which hang from a thin gold bar, are hand carved from madeira citrines and have a rich, warm color. Resting at the top of each heart is a delicate demantoid garnet. The stones are all held in an open back yellow gold bezel setting. The deep orange color of the citrine stones looks marvelous next to the intense luscious green of the demantoid garnets. A simple gold spring ring clasp fastens the necklace together, and two of the five hearts are stamped "9C" on the back. Very feminine and beautiful, the necklace has a wonderful look and would be a lovely addition to any collection! The necklace measures 17" long. The hearts hang approximately 1 1/8" to 7/8" from the chain.
- Of the Period
- Date of manufacturecirca 1900
- ConditionExcellent. The overall condition of the necklace is excellent. Besides normal surface wear, there is no apparent damage to the yellow gold setting or chain and all of the madeira citrines and demantoid garnets are intact..
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
W 17 in.
W 43.18 cm
- Seller locationNarberth, PA
- Seller reference number34273
- Reference numberJU130827328244
Shipping, Returns & Payment
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2012
Typical response time: 2 hrs
Located in Narberth, PA
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like