Opulent and magnificent blue and black poured glass sautoir style necklace, with large gilt and jewelled 'heart' centrepiece, by Isabel Canovas from the 1980s. Aqua,sapphire and peridot poured glass stones adorn the burnished gilt heart , which is outlined in gilt beading.. Dynamic and outstanding, this statement piece is a veritable head turner!! Isabel Canovas created jewellery for Christian Dior, under Marc Bohan, leaving to open her own design house in Paris, with signature jewellery in a highly recognisable and distinctive baroque style. She continued creating jewels until 1992, when her assistant, Dominique Aurientis, took over and set out on her own path. Using a wide variety of materials, as diverse as fur and feathers, Canovas’ designs are noticeably bold and ornate. Accessories were also created. Isabel Canovas was a very visually articulate woman, whose dream was to gather all French artisans under one roof.
- CreatorMaison Goossens for Isabel Canovas
- Of the Period
- Place of originFrance
- Date of manufacture1980s
- ConditionExcellent. The 'height' measurement is from the bottom of the longest drop to the closure at the back. The 'width' measurement is the width of the beads when flat. The 'heart' motif measures 3.5 inches across and 3 inches wide..
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
H 14.5 in. x W 3 in. x D 16.25 in. x L 16.25 in.
H 36.83 cm x W 7.62 cm x D 41.28 cm x L 41.28 cm
- Length16.25 in. (41.28 cm)
- Weight580 g
- Seller locationLondon, GB
- Seller reference numberFB0045
- Reference numberLU30921301753
Shipping, Returns & Payment
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2015
Typical response time: 4 hrs
Located in London, GB
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
You May Also Like