Items Similar to Diamond Ring Men's 2 Carat European-Cut Midcentury Sleek, Powerful View More
Diamond Ring Men's 2 Carat European-Cut Midcentury Sleek, Powerful
This vintage—circa 1960's—18k yellow gold ring features a firey 2-carat old European-cut diamond of excellent color (L-M) and clarity (VS). Two 4.4 mm x 2.3 mm tapered baguette diamonds sharpen the shoulders. This is a beautifully-cut old diamond with lots of deep, bold flashes of fire. The sleek, mid-century setting has the lines of a 1965 Jaguar XKE E-Type convertible. If you don't know off the top of your head what this car looks like, google it right now and you'll see why I make the comparison. Right? Here's why this is a perfect diamond ring for a woman: it has none of the "gent's ring" design cues of the era. It's simple, sleek, timeless. It won't get snagged on your sweaters. In fact, even if you put your hand in the pocket of a pair of jeans, this ring won't catch on the lip of the pocket like a sharp, pointy Art Deco or Edwardian diamond engagement ring absolutely will. Those rings—and I do love them—simply devour knitwear. This ring may have been created for a man but do we care? No. It would look amazing on a woman. And you could actually *do* stuff without worrying that your frilly granny ring will get caught on anything. Men's rings were made to be as smooth as Frank Sinatra. Why this is a perfect diamond ring for a man: it is so much more interesting as a wedding band option than just a simple metal band. The diamond is "L-M" which means it has the faintest warmth to it. It's a large diamond that makes a statement but it's not tacky because of the old cut. If this were a bright white, 2-carat modern brilliant cut diamond? That would look garish on a man. This ring, it's dignified. It's old-school. And indoors by candlelight, near a fire or an incandescent bulb, it just becomes the sexiest rock you've ever seen. Currently a size 8, your local jeweler can resize it.
- In the Style Of
- Place of OriginUnknown
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1960s
- Stone Cut
- Condition DetailsRing is in beautiful vintage condition with no damage or signs of repair. No hallmarks.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsW 0.82 in. x D 1.05 in.W 20.71 mm x D 26.49 mm
- Length1.05 in. (26.49 mm)
- Weight8.18 g
- Seller LocationSouthbury, CT
- Reference NumberLU158917388382
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingFree ShippingStandardto anywhere in the world, arrives in 8-10 days.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Shipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2019
Typical response time: <1 hour
Located in Southbury, CT
More From This Seller
Handmade Men’s Citrine Ring
21st Century and Contemporary Artisan
Tanzanite and Diamond Men's Ring Memphis Design...
Vintage 1980s Modern
Men's Gold Ring with Tsavorite Garnet
Late 20th Century Contemporary
You May Also Like
Midcentury 0.57 Carat Old European Cut Diamond ...
$17,500 Sale Price
Emerald Cut Diamond Men's Platinum Ring, 2.29 C...
21st Century and Contemporary Modern
Midcentury 1.35 Carat Old European Cut Diamond ...
4.85+ Carat Men's Cats Eye and Diamond Men's Ri...
2.50 Carat European Cut Diamond Ring
Vintage 1940s Art Deco
1 Carat European Cut Edwardian Diamond Gold Eng...
Antique 1870s Edwardian
Vintage 1 Carat Old European Cut Diamond Engage...
Early 20th Century Art Deco