- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Vintage Tiffany & Co. Star Sapphire Diamond Palladium Three Stone Ring
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Miami, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About the Designer
Tiffany & Co.
Tiffany & Co. is one of the most prominent purveyors of luxury goods in the United States, and has long been an important arbiter of style in the design of diamond engagement rings. A young Franklin Delano Roosevelt proposed to his future wife, Eleanor, with a Tiffany ring in 1904. Vanderbilts, Whitneys, Astors and members of the Russian imperial family all wore Tiffany & Co. jewels. And Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis preferred Tiffany china for state dinners at the White House.
Although synonymous with luxury today, the firm started out rather modestly. Charles Lewis Tiffany and John B. Young founded it in Connecticut as a “stationery and fancy goods emporium” in 1837, at a time when European imports still dominated the nascent American luxury market. In 1853, Charles Tiffany — who in 1845 had launched the company’s famed catalog, the Blue Book, and with it, the firm’s signature robin’s-egg blue, which he chose for the cover — shifted the focus to fine jewelry. In 1868, Tiffany & Co. gained international recognition when it became the first U.S. firm to win an award for excellence in silverware at the Exposition Universelle in Paris. From then on, it belonged to the pantheon of American luxury brands.
At the start of the Gilded Age, in 1870, Tiffany & Co. opened its flagship store, described as a "palace of jewels" by the New York Times, at 15 Union Square West in Manhattan. Throughout this period, its designs for silver tableware, ceremonial silver, flatware and jewelry were highly sought-after indicators of status and taste. They also won the firm numerous accolades, including the grand prize for silverware at the Paris Exposition of 1878. Among the firm’s glittering creations from this time are masterworks of Art Nouveau jewelry, such as this delicate aquamarine necklace and this lavish plique-à-jour peridot and gold necklace, both circa 1900.
When Charles Lewis Tiffany died, in 1902, his son Louis Comfort Tiffany became the firm’s design director. Under his leadership, the Tiffany silver studio was a de facto design school for apprentice silversmiths, who worked alongside head artisan Edward C. Moore. The firm produced distinctive objects inspired by Japanese art and design, North American plants and flowers, and Native American patterns and crafts, adding aesthetic diversity to Tiffany & Co.’s distinguished repertoire.
Tiffany is also closely associated with diamonds, even lending its name to one particularly rare and exceptional yellow stone. The firm bought the Tiffany diamond in its raw state from the Kimberley mines of South Africa in 1878. Cut to create a 128.54-carat gem with an unprecedented 82 facets, it is one of the most spectacular examples of a yellow diamond in the world. In a broader sense, Tiffany & Co. helped put diamonds on the map in 1886 by introducing the American marketplace to the solitaire diamond design, which is still among the most popular engagement-ring styles. The trademark Tiffany® Setting raises the stone above the band on six prongs, allowing its facets to catch the light. A lovely recent example is this circa-2000 platinum engagement ring. Displaying a different design and aesthetic (but equally chic) is this exquisite diamond and ruby ring from the 1930s.
- Tiffany & Co. Diamond 2.07 Carat F VS 1Platinum Engagement Three-Stone RingBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Miami, FLTiffany & Co. diamond engagement rings are a lasting symbol of love and dedication, and this Tiffany Three stone ring is no exception . This ring can represent past, present and feat...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Modern Engagement RingsMaterials
- Dover GIA Ceylon No Heat Sapphire Diamond Platinum Three Stone RingBy Dover JewelryLocated in Miami, FLWant to Get Engaged? Modern not your Style? This Classic GIA Natural No Heat Ceylon Sapphire and Diamond Three Stone Engagement Ring boast beauty with an approximate total weight o...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Contemporary Three-Stone RingsMaterials
Blue Sapphire, Diamond, Platinum$25,999Free Shipping
- Three-Stone Rectangular Emerald Diamond Platinum RingBy Dover JewelryLocated in Miami, FLThis stunning three stone emerald and diamond ring is crafted in solid platinum. Showcasing a prominent high quality genuine rectangular emerald-cut Colombian emerald approx. 6.70 ca...Category
2010s American Art Deco Three-Stone RingsMaterials
Emerald, Diamond, Platinum
- Very Fine Colombian Emerald Diamond Platinum Three Stone RingLocated in Miami, FLAppreciate the lustrous, color and beauty of this Very Fine Colombian Emerald Diamond Platinum Three Stone Ring! This ring is hand-crafted in luxurious platinum. The center stone ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Colombian Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, Platinum$67,999Free Shipping
- GIA Burma Ruby Diamond Platinum Three-Stone Engagement RingLocated in Miami, FLWitness the Delicate touch of color and sparkle on this Engagement Ring! This elegant Three Stone Style piece is Crafted in Solid Platinum, weights 5.6 grams and the top measures ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Artist Three-Stone RingsMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, Platinum$5,950Free Shipping
- Kashmir Sapphire No Heat Diamond Platinum 3-Stone Engagement RingBy Dover JewelryLocated in Miami, FLRare Sapphire! All Natural No Heat Sapphire from Kashmir region GIA certified. This very rare sapphire ring was inspired in a 3 stone motif and crafted in luxurious Platinum. Featur...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Modern Three-Stone RingsMaterials
Diamond, Sapphire, Platinum
- Tiffany & Co. 18k Gold Plat 0.95ct Round Prong Diamond Sapphire Three Stone RingBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Montclair, NJYou are looking at a stunning diamond and sapphire, all original, Tiffany & Co. ring crafted in solid 18k yellow gold featuring an elegant three-stone style across its top. The gorge...Category
1990s Three-Stone RingsMaterials
Diamond, Sapphire, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Platinum
- Tiffany & Co Three Stone Diamond Platinum RingBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Holland, PAThis Stunning Platinum TIFFANY & Co Ring includes three GIA reports for each diamond and Tiffany & Co box. Stone Details: One round brilliant cut diamond, 1.02ct. VS1 clarity, H co...Category
Early 2000s Three-Stone RingsMaterials
Diamond, Platinum$20,000Free Shipping
- Vintage Art Deco Three Stone Diamond Ring, 9k Gold and PalladiumLocated in NEWARK, GBA pretty vintage Art Deco diamond, three stone ring. A rich 9kt yellow gold band with three sparkling vari cut diamonds of approx 0.10 carats set into a platinum illusion setting to...Category
Early 20th Century British Art Deco Three-Stone RingsMaterials
Diamond, 9k Gold, Palladium$374Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Three-Stone Engagement Ring 2.10 Carat E/VS1By Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBA stunning Tiffany & Co. diamond platinum engagement ring from the Three Stone collection. The ring comprises of a round brilliant cut diamond in a 4 claw setting weighing 2.10ct, E ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, Platinum$71,481Free Shipping
- Tiffany and Co Platinum 3 Stone Diamond Engagement RingBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Coral Gables, FLTiffany & Co. Platinum 3 Stone Ring Featuring A 1.18 Carat Round Brilliant Cut Diamond GIA Graded (Report #11044495) As G Color & VVS2 Clarity Accented By Two Round Brilliant Cut Dia...Category
Early 2000s Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, Platinum$25,000Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Three Stone Circlet Diamond Halo Ring in Platinum .55 Carats TotalBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Scottsdale, AZRing size: 4.75 Breathtaking triple diamond halo engagement ring from renowned jeweler, Tiffany & Co.. The tantalizing trio of icy diamonds will absolutely radiate on her finger whi...Category
2010s Unknown Three-Stone RingsMaterials
Recently ViewedView More
The Sparkling Legacy of Tiffany & Co. Explained, One Jewel at a Time
A gorgeous new book celebrates — and memorializes — the iconic jeweler’s rich heritage.
15 Scintillating Jewelry Watches to Elevate Your Holiday Style
Watchmakers have tucked their movements into all manner of precious baubles, from lapel pins to cocktail rings. The result is dazzling, wearable art that will get you to the party on time.