Items Similar to L'Arc de triomphe
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 6
André BrasilierL'Arc de triomphe
Energized with bold color, this monumental oil on canvas by famed French painter André Brasilier captures the famed Arc de Triomphe, one of Paris' most recognizable landmarks, on Bastille Day. The architectural grandeur of the historic site and the celebratory nature of the scene come alive thanks to Brasilier's expressionist influences, seen in his distinctive loose brushstrokes and saturated color palette. A French flag, hanging from the apex of the arch, dominates the canvas and vibrates with intensity of color. The artist perfectly evokes the vitality of this distinctively Parisian affair, with the monument and crowds awash in the bright light of the midday sun. Born to two accomplished artists, Brasilier was naturally drawn to painting, and at the age of 20, he moved to Paris to study at the École des Beaux-Arts. Brasilier has received several prestigious awards, including the 1952 Prix Florence Blumenthal and the 1953 Prix de Rome. He is also one of only two artists (the other being Pablo Picasso) honored with a retrospective at Saint Petersburg’s Hermitage Museum during their lifetime. He has exhibited works alongside legends such as Picasso, Braque, Chagall and Miro, and he is represented in the permanent collection of the Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York). This painting is accompanied by a certificate of authenticity from Alexis Brasilier.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: New Orleans, LA
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in New Orleans, LA
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 1912
1stDibs seller since 2013
10 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 2 hours
More From This Seller
- View from a Veranda in the South of FranceBy Kristian ZahrtmannLocated in New Orleans, LAKristian Zahrtmann 1843-1917 | Danish View from a Veranda in the South of France Signed and dated "ZH/1908" (lower right) Oil on canvas This quiet and introspective terrace scene ...Category
Early 20th Century Modern Figurative PaintingsMaterials
- Le Manège de nuit et fête foraineBy Ferdinand du PuigaudeauLocated in New Orleans, LAFerdinand du Puigaudeau 1864-1930 | French Le Manège de nuit et fête foraine (The Night Merry-Go-Round and Fair) Signed (center left) Oil on canvas A spirited evening carnival is ...Category
Early 20th Century Impressionist Figurative PaintingsMaterials
- Ombre et Soleil (Shadow and Sun)By Paul Emile PissarroLocated in New Orleans, LAThe fifth and youngest son of Camille Pissarro, the great Paul-Émile Pissarro painted this vivid oil on canvas. His unique blend of breathtaking color and a highly modern technique ...Category
Mid-20th Century Post-Impressionist Landscape PaintingsMaterials
- La Baule, les premiers vacanciers de julliet (La Baule, the First HolidaymakersBy Hughes Claude PissarroLocated in New Orleans, LAA modern, carefree leisure scene populated by scores of beachgoers is the subject of this vibrant oil on canvas by Hugues Claude Pissarro. With its colorful, feathery brushstrokes, t...Category
20th Century Post-Impressionist Landscape PaintingsMaterials
- The Burial of Manon LescautLocated in New Orleans, LAThis dramatic composition by French Romantic painter Pascal-Adolphe-Jean Dagnan-Bouveret represents the artist’s first public success as an artist. Based upon Abbé Prévost’s famed no...Category
19th Century Academic Figurative PaintingsMaterials
- Dance of the NymphsBy Paul Desire TrouillebertLocated in New Orleans, LAThis lyrical landscape entitled Dance of the Nymphs was composed by the French Barbizon painter Paul Désiré Trouillebert. A joyful scene of nymphs dancing the morning fog, the work c...Category
19th Century Academic Landscape PaintingsMaterials
You May Also Like
By André Brasilier
Located in Belgravia, London, London
Oil on canvas Canvas size: 45.5 x 32 inches Framed size: 54.75 X 40.75 inches Signed lower right Provenance: Galerie Nichido, Tokyo Sale: Mainichi Auction, Tokyo, 1st August 2015,...
21st Century and Contemporary Abstract Expressionist Animal Paintings
Italia : Boats in a Small Harbor - Original oil on canvas, Signed (CERTIFICATE)
By André Brasilier
Located in Paris, FR
Andre BRASILIER Italia : Boats in a Small Harbor, 1955 Original oil on canvas Handsigned bottom right On canvas 46 x 65 cm (c. 18 x 26 in) Presented in a golden wood frame 57 x 76 c...
1950s Modern Landscape Paintings
Moulin de Giverny, 1965
By André Brasilier
Located in Broadway, GB
DIMENSIONS: (unframed) 37.5 x 50.0 in./ 95.3 x 127.0 cm (framed) 47 x 60 in./ 119.4 x 152.4 cm SIGNATURE: Signed ‘Andre Brasilier’ (lower right); Signed, dated and titles (verso) MED...
20th Century Landscape Paintings
NIGHT FALL- DARK
By Doug Freed
Located in Tulsa, OK
Night Fall Dark by artist Doug Freed is a green, yellow, and purple contemporary landscape that measures 17 x 14 and is priced at $1,200. Artist Statement For nearly twenty years, ...
21st Century and Contemporary Modern Figurative Paintings
By Angie Sinclair
Located in East Hampton, NY
Large-scale oil painting of women resting on inflatable tubes on water/pool. Modern impressionism Angie Sinclair Artist Statement: My current body of work is all about water. My o...
2010s Modern Figurative Paintings
Adobe Church, New Mexico, 1940s Modernist Southwestern Landscape Oil Painting
By Paul Kauvar Smith
Located in Denver, CO
Vintage oil painting of an adobe church in New Mexico with a brilliant blue sky and clouds (likely Rancho de Taos), circa 1940 attributed to Denver modernist, Paul K. Smith (1893-197...
1940s American Modern Landscape Paintings
Village in the Doubs - Modernist Oil, Figures in Landscape by Jules Emile Zingg
Located in Marlow, Buckinghamshire
A beautiful oil on canvas by French modernist painter Jules Emile Zingg depicting a French village landscape. In the foreground a man is leading a cow across a bridge. In the middle ...
1920s Modern Landscape Paintings
'Dawn, Fishermen on Hermosa Beach' Los Angeles, Early California Modernist Oil
By Thomas Nash
Located in Santa Cruz, CA
Signed lower right, 'Thomas Nash' and painted circa 1900; additionally, signed and titled verso 'Hermosa Beach, Drawing in the Fish Net'. A turn of the 20th century, panoramic coast...
1910s Modern Landscape Paintings
Canvas, Oil, Board
"Little House Lambertville, Public Sale"
By Joseph Barrett
Located in Lambertville, NJ
Jim’s of Lambertville is proud to offer this artwork. Signed lower middle. Artist designed frame. Joseph Barrett (b. 1936) Joseph Barrett was born in Midland, North Carolina, in ...
20th Century American Modern Landscape Paintings
By Kristy Gordon
Located in Sag Harbor, NY
"Liminality" is an oil painting by Kristy Gordon. Liminality is defined as a state of transition between one stage and the next, especially between major stages in one's life or duri...
21st Century and Contemporary American Modern Figurative Paintings