Items Similar to Mid-Century Three Clowns by Jazz Man Don Hirleman View More
Donald (Don) HirlemanMid-Century Three Clowns by Jazz Man Don Hirleman
Mid-century portrait of three clowns by artist and Jazz Trumpet player, Donald (Don) Hirleman (American, 1911-2007). Signed and dated lower right: "D. Hirleman '56." Presented in a rustic wood frame. Image, 21.5"H x 29.75"W. Mr Hirleman worked and studied in Europe, throughout Mexico, Cuba, Hawaii, Florida, and the U.S. West Coast. His works are in many museums, and in the collections of Rosemary Clooney and Jose Ferrer. It is said that he was also a wonderful trumpet player, and knew all the old standards. he recorded albums with Fats Waller and his inter-racial group called Fats Waller’s Buddies (1929) (one of the earliest interracial groups to record).
- ArtistDonald (Don) Hirleman (1911 - 2007, American)
- Creation Year1956
- Movement & Style
- Condition DetailsFlaw, a pressure mark, about quarter sized, to fiberboard, upper right corner. Barely visible except in some lighting situations. Rustic wood frame.
- DimensionsH 22.13 in. x W 31.13 in. x D .75 in.H 56.22 cm x W 79.08 cm x D 1.91 cm
- Gallery LocationSoquel, CA
- Reference NumberLU5423189361
- Seller Reference NumberS5176
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 14 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.9 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2014
Located in Soquel, CA
More From This Seller
Portrait of a Young Girl
Pascal Pat Cucaro
1950s American Impressionist Figurative Paintings
Canvas, Resin, Carbon Pencil, Acrylic
A gentle portrait of a young girl by Pascal "Pablo" Cucaro (American, 1915-2004). Sealed in a layer of clear resin. Signed in a black textured medium, lower left: "cucaro." Presented...
Madonna and child - Dorothy Steck Beech
Dorothy Steck Beech
1960s American Impressionist Figurative Paintings
A beautiful interpretation of Madonna and child by Dorothy Steck Beech of Carmel, California (American, 1915-2002). Mrs. Beech owner of Beeches' Gallery in Carmel. She received her a...
I See a Robin
1990s American Impressionist Figurative Paintings
"I See a Robin," an oil painting of a boy in a window by Veon Zentner (American, 20th Century). Presented in a rustic wooden frame. Signed "Zentner" lower left. Titled "I See a Robin...
John B. MonacoStudy of John Singleton Copley's painting of John Hancock , 1916
$2,025 Sale Price
Study of John Singleton Copley's painting of Jo...
John B. Monaco
1910s American Impressionist Portrait Paintings
John B. Monaco 1916 painting and study of the John Singleton Copley portrait of John Hancock. San Francisco artist and San Francisco city documentary photographer John.B. Monaco, (Gi...