Items Similar to Red Canna Lilies View More
Mihran K. SerailianRed Canna Lilies
Dramatic San Francisco Bay Area landscape with red Canna lilies in the foreground by Mihran Kevork Serailian (Armenian/American, 1867-1957) c. 1940. Signed lower right corner. Presented in rustic giltwood toned wood frame. Condition: Good with cracquelure throughout and two tear repairs and inpainting. Image size is 30"H x 24"W. Serilian was born in Caesarea, Armenia on Nov. 9, 1867. Having spent a considerable time in Egypt, Serailian arrived in Boston in 1892 and then accepted a position to teach in Indiana at Taylor University. He settled in San Francisco in 1900. He was a good friend of Luther Burbank and did many botanical illustrations for him. He died in San Francisco on Sept. 7, 1957. His work includes landscapes, florals, and portraits. He exhibited at Bruner's Gallery (Santa Rosa), 1910; City of Paris (SF), 1924; Hotel Huntington (Pasadena), 1926. 11 Western Arts Magazine, Feb. 1926.
- ArtistMihran K. Serailian (1867 - 1957, Armenian American)
- Creation Year1940
- Movement & Style
- Condition DetailsCracquelure throughout and two tear repairs and inpainting (mid center left and lower center edge. Please see last two images).
- DimensionsH 35 in. x W 29.5 in. x D 2.5 in.H 88.9 cm x W 74.93 cm x D 6.35 cm
- Gallery LocationSoquel, CA
- Reference NumberLU5422841693
- Seller Reference NumberD4755
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 14 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.9 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2014
Located in Soquel, CA
More From This Seller
Barbara MaplesVihuela, Figs & Grapes Still Life, 1942-47
$1,560 Sale Price
Vihuela, Figs & Grapes Still Life
1940s American Impressionist Still-life Paintings
Laid Paper, Oil
A New World (note the Mexican vihuela) interpretation of an Old World baroque still life composition by Texas artist Barbara Lucile Maples (1912-1999). Layers of oil paint and etched...
UnknownNapa Wine Tasting, 2000
$1,195 Sale Price
Napa Wine Tasting
Early 2000s Realist Landscape Paintings
Beautiful oil painting of a splendid day wine tasting in Napa Valley by unknown Napa artist. Circa 2000. Displayed in a wood frame. Unsigned. Image, 24"H x 36"W.
1960s American Impressionist Still-life Paintings
Oil painting of blooming white magnolias by Ann McKee. Signed lower right "A. McKee, W. Monroe 1962." Unframed. Some age toning. Image, 28"H x 24"W. Ann McKee a West Monroe, Louisian...
1930s American Impressionist Still-life Paintings
Still life with calla lilies, jasmine flowers, and pearl jewelry by California artist Rose Campbell (American, 1888-1965). Signed "Rose Campbell" lower left, Santa Cruz Art League la...