- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Hughes Claude PissarroFleurs by Hugues Pissarro dit Pomié - Contemporary flower painting
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingCustoms Duties & Taxes May Apply.Ships From: London, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About the Artist
Hughes Claude Pissarro
Hugues Claude Pissarro, also known professionally as H. Claude Pissarro, is the grandson of the Impressionist painter Camille Pissarro and son of Paulémile Pissarro. Born in Neuilly-sur-Seine and enveloped in an artistic environment, he inevitably spent his childhood and youth with brushes in hand. Carrying on the family tradition established by Camille Pissarro, H. Claude’s father frequently took his son on painting excursions, often accompanied by his numerous artistic friends which proved formative for him.
Initially taught by his father, H. Claude first exhibited his work at the age of fourteen. He subsequently studied art in Paris at prestigious establishments, in particular the École Normale Supérieure, a unique French institution dedicated to the pursuit of achievement and excellence to which only the academic elite have access. He also studied art restoration under Henri Linard, head of the laboratory at the Musée du Louvre. It was inevitable that this educational background would lead him to become a professor of art for much of his professional life and in 1963 he accepted an official invitation to teach art in Monaco.
Throughout his teaching career he remained a prolific artist, exhibiting on several occasions in Paris and London. As with many of his family predecessors, the scope of his work and talent is wide-ranging: from engraver, lithographer, publisher and landscape painter to portraitist. He was even commissioned in 1959 to paint a portrait of President Eisenhower.
H. Claude’s work has evolved through a variety of different styles and techniques, including abstract, avant-garde, minimalist and conceptual art. However, he is now perhaps best known for his Post-Impressionist–style works, which have been exhibited throughout the world since 1985.
Find a collection of authentic Hugues Claude Pissarro paintings and other art on 1stDibs.
(Biography provided by Stern Pissarro Gallery)
- Located in London, GBFleurs by MOÏSE KISLING (1891-1953) Oil on canvas 51.4 x 41.1 cm (20 ¹/₄ x 16 ¹/₈ inches) Signed lower left, Ki...Category
20th Century Modern Still-life PaintingsMaterials
- By Serge CharchouneLocated in London, GBUK BUYERS WILL PAY AN ADDITIONAL 20% VAT ON TOP OF THE ABOVE PRICE Composition Inspirée par le Credo de la Mess...Category
1950s Abstract Abstract PaintingsMaterials
- By Alfred SisleyLocated in London, GB*UK BUYERS WILL PAY AN ADDITIONAL 5% IMPORT DUTY ON TOP OF THE ABOVE PRICE Bords du Loing by ALFRED SISLEY (183...Category
Late 19th Century Impressionist Landscape PaintingsMaterials
- By Alexander CalderLocated in London, GBGouache and ink on paper 75 x 110 cm (29 ½ x 43 ¼ inches) Signed and dated lower right, Calder 1969 Dedicated lo...Category
1960s Abstract Abstract PaintingsMaterials
You May Also Like
2010s Contemporary Figurative Paintings
Canvas, Pastel, Acrylic
Early 2000s Contemporary Mixed Media
Pastel, Watercolor, Handmade Paper
Late 20th Century Impressionist Still-life Paintings
Paper, Pastel, Oil
21st Century and Contemporary Contemporary Still-life Paintings
Glass, Mixed Media, Pastel
21st Century and Contemporary Contemporary Still-life Drawings and Water...
2010s Contemporary Figurative Drawings and Watercolors
20th Century Post-Impressionist Landscape Paintings
Oil Pastel, Cardboard
Mid-20th Century Abstract Abstract Paintings
1980s Impressionist Figurative Paintings
1940s American Impressionist Still-life Paintings
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery