Items Similar to THE MAKING OF TORTILLAS - Mural Size 47 1/2 inches Long
- Design Credit: Elizabeth Roberts Architec̦ture & Design, Photo Credit: Dustin Aksland. Dimensions: H 14 in. x W 47.375 in.
- Design Credit: Timothy Godbold, Photo Credit: Karl Simone. Dimensions: H 14 in. x W 47.375 in.
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 11
Leopoldo MéndezTHE MAKING OF TORTILLAS - Mural Size 47 1/2 inches Long
LEOPOLDO MENDEZ (1902 – 1969) THE MAKING OF TORTILLAS 1954 Linocut. Edition unknown. This example signed in pencil and dated 1957. 14” x 47 3/8” Two sheets joined at the center, laid on masonite. A major print by Mendez. Illustrated in “Leopoldo Mendez- Revolutionary Art and the Mexican Print” double page 226-7 and on the back cover. Together with a period photo of Mendez with a mural size linocut behind him. Provenance: Acquired directly from Mendez by the previous owner. Mendez is one of the major Mexican printmakers. He was a founding member of the legendary Mexican printing workshop the TGP (Taller de Grafica Popular) in 1937.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Santa Monica, CA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in Santa Monica, CA
These prestigious sellers are industry leaders and represent the highest echelon for item quality and design.
These expertly vetted sellers are 1stDibs' most experienced sellers and are rated highest by our customers.
Established in 1977
1stDibs seller since 2016
219 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: <1 hour
International Fine Print Dealers Association
More From This SellerView All
- JonahBy Sadao WatanabeLocated in Santa Monica, CASADAO WATANABE (Japanese 1913-1996) JONAH, 1959 Color stencil, signed, numbered and dated in white ink. Sheet, 25 5/8 x 22 5/8 inches. Edition: 44/50. Good color and generally good ...Category
1950s Modern Figurative PrintsMaterials
- JOB SACRIFICED - And My Servant Job Shall Pray For YouBy William BlakeLocated in Santa Monica, CAWILLIAM BLAKE (British 1757-1827) JOB'S SACRIFICE - And my Servant Job Shall Pray For You, 1825 (Bindman 1978.643; Binyon 1926.123 iii; Russell 1912.33) Engraving, First edition, ...Category
1820s English School Figurative PrintsMaterials
- Vachère au Bord de l'EauBy Camille PissarroLocated in Santa Monica, CACAMILLE PISSARRO (French 1830-1903) VACHERE au BORD de l’EAU 1890 (Delteil 93 viii/viii) Etching, unsigned as published in “Gazette des Beaux Arts”, Paris, 1890. On laid paper Very...Category
1890s Impressionist Figurative PrintsMaterials
Etching, Drypoint$1,560 Sale Price20% Off
- JOSHUA TREEBy Frances H. GearhartLocated in Santa Monica, CAFRANCES H. GEARHART (American, 1869-1958) JOSHUA TREE c. 1925-30 Color block print. Signed in pencil. 6 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches. Edition unknown, bur likely about 50. Good condition and...Category
1920s Modern Landscape PrintsMaterials
- EucalyptusBy Frances H. GearhartLocated in Santa Monica, CAFRANCES H. GEARHART EUCALYPTUS, ca 1929-30 Color linocut, signed in pencil. 6 5/8 x 3 5/8 inches. Sheet 8 3/4 x 5 inches. edition c 50-75 Very good impression. On a thick fibrous j...Category
1930s American Modern Landscape PrintsMaterials
- ARCHESLocated in Santa Monica, CAURSULA FOOKES (1906-1991) ARCHES c 1930 Color linocut, signed in pencil lower left in image. 9 x 6 ¾ inches. Sheet 10 ½ x 7 ¾ inches on tissue thin paper. Fookes was an early memb...Category
1930s Modern Landscape PrintsMaterials
You May Also Like
- Evelyn G. Schultz, TyphoonLocated in New York, NYThe only mention I can find of Evelyn G. Schultz is that she was a charter member of the San Diego Watercolor Society. But the medium of the linocut (here on tan paper) was frequentl...Category
1940s American Modern Figurative PrintsMaterials
- Harold E. Keeler, Water FallLocated in New York, NYHarold E. Keeler worked in Hollywood as a set designer. That seems especially important here because the Water Fall looks a little as though it could be a woodland stage set -- to me...Category
1930s American Modern Landscape PrintsMaterials
- Ranchos de TaosBy Barbara MaplesLocated in Dallas, TXThis linoleum cut is from an edition of 10. Including the frame, the overall dimensions are 27 x 19 3/8 inches.Category
1940s American Modern Landscape PrintsMaterials
- 'Monday in Wick Haven' original linoleum cut print by Howard ThomasBy Howard ThomasLocated in Milwaukee, WIIn this image, Howard Thomas presents the viewer with a domestic interior. The image is dominated by the figure of a black woman, resting her arm on an ironing board. To the right, t...Category
1930s American Modern Figurative PrintsMaterials
- Saturday Morning (Market, Taos Plaza, New Mexico), 1950s Figural Linocut PrintBy Barbara LathamLocated in Denver, CO1950s American modernists linoleum cut print titled 'Saturday Morning (Market, Taos Plaza, New Mexico) by New Mexican artist Barbara Latham. Portraying figures at a busy outdoor mark...Category
Mid-20th Century American Modern Figurative PrintsMaterials
- Soothig The Soul - Handmade Linocut-Monotype Limited Edition Print Unique 4/8By Aneta Szoltis-MencinaLocated in Salzburg, ATThe artwork will be sent unframed Linocut/monotype print „Soothig the soul” 2022 Linocut and monotype print technique Art print from 9 matrices Limited edition, print unique number ...Category
2010s Contemporary Landscape PrintsMaterials
Paper, Linocut, Monotype