- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Pablo PicassoModern Style Bust (Francoise) Buste Style Moderne - French Spanish Portait
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$450 Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 4-6 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Customs Duties & Taxes May Apply.Ships From: London, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About Pablo Picasso (Artist)
One of the most prolific and revolutionary artists the world has ever seen, Pablo Picasso (1881–1973) had a tremendous impact on the development of 20th-century modern art.
Although he is best known for his association with the Cubist movement, which he founded with Georges Braque, Picasso’s influence extends to Surrealism, neoclassicism and expressionism.
“Every act of creation is, first of all, an act of destruction,” the Spanish artist proclaimed. In his Cubist paintings, he emphasizes the two-dimensionality of the canvas, breaking with conventions regarding perspective, foreshortening and proportion. Picasso was inspired by Iberian and African tribal art. One of his most famous pre-Cubist works is Les Demoiselles d’Avignon (1907), a painting considered immoral and shocking at the time for its depiction of nude women whose faces resemble Iberian tribal masks.
He made many portraits in this style, most often of the women in his life, their expressively colored faces composed of geometric shards of surface planes. In Woman in a Hat (Olga), 1935, he painted his first wife as an assemblage of abstract forms, leaving the viewer to decipher the subject through the contrasting colors and shapes. Picasso was a tireless artist, creating more than 20,000 paintings, drawings, prints, ceramics and sculptures. Tracing his life’s work reveals the progression of modern art, on which he had an unparalleled influence.
- By Pablo PicassoLocated in London, GBThis original etching is hand signed in pencil by the artist "Picasso" in the lower right margin. This etching i...Category
1930s Post-Modern Portrait PrintsMaterials
Drypoint, EtchingH 17.76 in. W 13.59 in.$70,000
- By Pablo PicassoLocated in London, GBPABLO PICASSO 1881-1973 Málaga 1881- 1973 Mougins (Spanish) Title: Smoker with a Man Fumeur avec un homme, 19...Category
1960s Portrait PrintsMaterials
Etching, AquatintH 22.45 in. W 16.15 in.$17,000
- By George GroszLocated in London, GBGEORGE GROSZ 1893-1959 1893 - Berlin - 1959 (German/American) Title: Self-Portrait with Dog in Front of the Ea...Category
1920s Expressionist Portrait PrintsMaterials
LithographH 16.14 in. W 12.2 in.$2,900
- By Tom WesselmannLocated in London, GBTOM WESSELMANN 1931-2004 Cincinnati 1834-2004 New York (American) Title: Smoker, from: An American Portrait, 1...Category
1970s Portrait PrintsMaterials
ScreenH 25.99 in. W 19.38 in.$12,000
You May Also Like
20th Century Portrait Prints
Late 20th Century Neo-Expressionist Portrait Prints
1950s Cubist Portrait Prints
1960s Expressionist Portrait Prints
Early 20th Century Modern Portrait Prints
20th Century Modern Portrait Prints
Mid-20th Century Modern Figurative Prints
Mid-20th Century Modern Portrait Prints