Set Of Engravings
Antique 18th Century Austrian Prints
Antique 17th Century French Louis XIII Prints
Antique 19th Century French Country Prints
Glass, Wood, Paper
Antique Late 18th Century French Louis XVI Picture Frames
20th Century Dinnerware and Flatware Sets
1780s Interior Prints
18th Century Animal Drawings and Watercolors
1780s Interior Prints
Antique 19th Century British Paintings
Antique 19th Century American Prints
20th Century American British Colonial Prints
Antique 19th Century French French Provincial Prints
Early 19th Century Naturalistic Animal Prints
18th Century Old Masters More Art
Engraving, Handmade Paper
Antique Late 18th Century German Georgian Decorative Art
Antique Late 19th Century French Country Prints
Antique 19th Century Italian Belle Époque Prints
Antique 19th Century Empire Prints
Mid-20th Century Italian Decorative Art
Mid-18th Century Old Masters Interior Prints
William HogarthSet of Two 18th Century Engravings from William Hogarth's "Analysis of Beauty" , 1753
Antique Late 18th Century Italian Prints
Antique 18th Century German Paintings
Antique 1750s French Chinoiserie Prints
20th Century English Prints
Antique 19th Century European Neoclassical Prints
Glass, Wood, Paper
Antique 19th Century English William and Mary Decorative Art
Glass, Paper, Wood
Antique 1650s French Prints
Antique 1740s English Georgian Decorative Art
Antique Mid-18th Century German British Colonial Decorative Art
Antique 18th Century Italian Neoclassical Drawings
Glass, Wood, Giltwood, Paper
Antique Late 19th Century British Paintings
Antique 1880s Decorative Art
Antique 1830s Prints
Wood, Paint, Paper
Antique 18th Century French Classical Greek Prints
Mid-20th Century Baroque Prints
Antique 18th Century and Earlier Italian Prints
Vintage 1980s French Decorative Art
20th Century Decorative Art
Antique 19th Century Italian Neoclassical Prints
Antique 18th Century Italian Prints
Mid-19th Century Victorian Still-life Prints
Philip De La MotteA Set of Two Hand-Colored Engravings of an Ancient Roman Vase and a Tazza (Cup), 1851
Antique Early 1900s American Sports Equipment and Memorabilia
Antique Early 19th Century French Neoclassical Decorative Art
Mid-17th Century Baroque Interior Prints
Early 18th Century Romantic Figurative Prints
Antique 1820s French Paintings
Antique Early 19th Century English Prints
Vintage 1930s Italian Crystal Serveware
Antique Late 18th Century French Prints
Antique 17th Century Renaissance Prints
Antique 1770s English George III Prints
Antique Early 1800s French Neoclassical Prints
Antique Early 1700s Dutch Baroque Prints
19th Century Figurative Prints
Antique 1720s English Georgian Prints
Antique 1810s American Prints
Antique Late 19th Century French Prints
Antique 19th Century Italian Decorative Art
Antique Late 19th Century Prints
Glass, Wood, Paper
Antique 18th Century Dutch Paintings
Set Of Engravings For Sale on 1stDibs
How Much are Set Of Engravings?
Finding the Right Wall Decorations for You
An empty wall in your home is a blank canvas, and that’s good news. Whether you’ve chosen to arrange a collage of paintings in a hallway or carefully position a handful of wall-mounted sculptures in your dining room, there are a lot of options for beautifying your space with the antique and vintage wall decor and decorations available on 1stDibs.
“I recommend leaving enough space above the piece of furniture to allow for usable workspace and to protect the art from other items damaging it,” says Susana Simonpietri, of Brooklyn home design studio Chango & Co.
Hanging a single attention-grabbing large-scale print or poster over your bar or bar cart can prove intoxicating, but the maximalist approach of a salon-style hang, a practice rooted in 17th-century France, can help showcase works of various shapes, styles and sizes on a single wall or part of a wall.
If you’re planning on creating an accent wall — or just aiming to bring a variety of colors and textures into a bedroom — there is more than one way to decorate with wallpaper. Otherwise, don’t overlook what textiles can introduce to a space. A vintage tapestry can work wonders and will be easy to move when you’ve found that dream apartment in another borough.
Express your taste and personality with the right ornamental touch for the walls of your home or office — find a range of contemporary art, vintage photography, paintings and other wall decor and decorations on 1stDibs now.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Whether or not an engraving is real depends on the material, region, or era the engraving is from. Consult an encyclopedia or art expert for precise information on the authenticity of an engraving. Find a collection of expertly-vetted engravings from some of the world’s top sellers on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Rolex started laser-engraving the rehaut in 2005 in an attempt to make their famous timepieces harder to counterfeit. The Datejust was the first model to receive this treatment. You can shop a collection of expertly vetted timepieces from some of the world’s top reputable sellers on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022Yes, all Neil Lane rings are engraved. The designer's name appears in script lettering along the inside of the band. Personal engraving is available from some authorized dealers of Neil Lane jewelry. On 1stDibs, find a selection of Neil Lane rings.
- What is a pewter set?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Pewter is a mixture of mostly tin with lead components, mostly used in the production of household items. Pewter has been used since Roman times. A set could include milk and sugar canisters, a teapot and a serving tray. On 1stDibs, find a collection of pewter sets from some of the world’s top sellers.
- What is a stud set?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertOctober 5, 2021A stud set is a stylish fastener that covers the top button of a tuxedo shirt. It is worn on formal and semi-formal occasions as per the event's dress code. A collection of stylish vintage stud sets can be found on 1stDibs.
- What is a dinette set?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertOctober 19, 2021A dinette set is a smaller dining table with matching seating for a smaller space or smaller kitchen. They are less formal than dining table sets. They are usually used in kitchens as eat-in tables. On 1stDibs, find a variety of antique and vintage dinette sets.
- What is a wedding set?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertNovember 2, 2021A wedding set is a set of three rings, namely an engagement ring and a pair of matching wedding bands for the betrothed. In some cases, the groom's ring is excluded and it’s called a bridal set. Shop a collection of vintage and modern wedding ring sets from some of the world’s top jewelers on 1stDibs.
- What is a compote set?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022A compote set is a serveware set that includes matching dishes called compotes. A compote dish usually consists of a wide, shallow bowl positioned on a pedestal. The name comes from a stewed fruit dessert called a compôte. On 1stDibs, shop a collection of antique and vintage compote sets.
- What is a channel set?1 AnswerRoman Malakov DiamondsApril 19, 2021A channel set is a style of setting diamonds or gemstones wherein the stones are set in a row, in-between two bars of metal grooves. This is type of setting style is one of the safest as it is very durable against wear.
- What is a bath set?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertOctober 5, 2021A bath set is a coordinated range of bathroom accessories that include ceramic, metal, stone or plastic sets that comprise a liquid soap dispenser, soap dish, tumbler, a toothbrush holder and a tray. But it can also include matching buckets, dustbins and maybe even bathroom fittings. On 1stDibs you can source vintage and contemporary bath sets and accessories in ceramic, silver and stone.
- What is a cordial set?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertOctober 12, 2021A cordial set refers to a grouping of glasses that are small, stemmed glasses, perfect for serving cocktails at parties or small gatherings. These glasses are typically designed to hold a small amount of cordial — a liqueur flavored with a fruit or spice (in the UK, a cordial might be non-alcoholic). This set will be an excellent addition to your glassware collection. Find a collection of antique and vintage cordial glass sets on 1stDibs today.
- What is a condiment set?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertOctober 19, 2021A condiment set is a set of matching jars that are usually paired with a tray or rack. It includes separate containers for spices, herbs, oil and sauces. Find a collection of antique and vintage condiment sets on 1stDibs.
- What is a coaster set?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertFebruary 22, 2021Drink coasters are used to rest a drink so that the surface below is protected from the condensation or heat of a drink. This prevents markings on certain surfaces.
- What is a bed set?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertFebruary 22, 2021More commonly known as a nightstand, a bed stand is a small table that goes on either one or both sides of a bed. People typically use them to hold small items they may need during the night and in the morning, such as a table lamp or clock.
- What is a tumbler set?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertSeptember 28, 2021A tumbler set is a collection of containers used to drink beverages out of. Tumblers are made of various materials such as glass, metal, or melamine. Sets see tumblers grouped in varying quantities such as two, four, or eight, depending on the maker. Shop a range of antique and vintage tumbler sets on 1stDibs.
- What is a set of china?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertNovember 2, 2021A set of china refers to a set of tableware. Porcelain, a durable and nonporous kind of pottery made from clay and stone, was first made in China and spread across the world owing to the trade routes to the Far East established by Dutch and Portuguese merchants. Given its origin, English speakers called porcelain “fine china,” an expression you still might hear today. "Fine" indeed — for over a thousand years, it has been a highly sought-after material. A set of china is likely to include dinner plates, bread plates, cups and other items. Find antique and vintage china on 1stDibs.
- What is a parure set?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertOctober 5, 2021A parure set refers to a suite of jewelry, as parure means “set” in French. This is a combination of matching earrings, brooch, necklace and bracelet (although other accessories can also be included). Find antique and vintage parure jewelry sets with the gemstones and stone cuts of your choice on 1stDibs.
- Are all Mahjong sets the same?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022No, all mahjong sets are not the same. Most have 136 to 144 tiles. However, some sets contain even more with extra flower and joker tiles included. Also, the imagery used to decorate the tiles varies from region to region. Shop a selection of mahjong sets on 1stDibs.
- How do I set a Rolex watch?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Setting your Rolex watch is an intricate process. You may need to wind your watch first — if you have gone several days without wearing your watch, you wind it before setting the day, time or date. With respect to setting your watch — for most Rolex watches, here are the steps: Pull the crown out to the first notch. Then, in order to set the date, turn the crown in a counter-clockwise direction (for the time, you’ll want to turn it clockwise until you find the accurate hour and minute). Pull the crown out to the last notch in order to set the day of the week. When you have the day, date and time set, you can push the crown to a closed position. On 1stDibs, find authentic Rolex watches from top sellers.
- How do I set up a Tibetan altar?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022To set up a Tibetan altar, hang a painting depicting Shakyamuni Buddha on the wall above the altar or place a Shakyamuni Buddha statue on the center of the altar. You can add depictions of other Buddhas or Bodhisattvas if you wish. Place a replica of the Stupa of Enlightenment one level below these artworks. You'll find a selection of altar tables on 1stDibs.
This Wolf Kahn Pastel Is the Epitome of Beauty at Its Most Essential
A longtime admirer of Kahn’s work, 1stDibs editorial director Anthony Barzilay Freund explores why it’s relevant now more than ever.
Why Jules Chéret Was the King of the Modern Poster
The streets of fin-de-siècle Paris were set aglow with colorful poster ads, thanks to the printing techniques invented by Jules Chéret. Now, the Milwaukee Art Museum is celebrating this undersung talent in America's first solo show dedicated his exuberant works.
Anna Condo’s Multifaceted Career Spans Film, Photography and NFTs
From her historic Manhattan townhouse, the talented creator and curator of 1stDibs' latest NFT exhibition tells us about the art in her home and how she got involved with cryptoart.
How Keith Rivers Went from NFL Linebacker to Blue-Chip Art Aficionado
The former football player is as serious about becoming a great contemporary-art patron as he once was about making tackles. Here, Rivers tells us how he got the collecting bug and how his tastes have evolved over the years.
More Than Ever, the Female Design Council Is Embracing Funked-Up Creativity
The organization's "Womxn’s History Month" collection celebrates female-identified creators pushing the boundaries of technique and material.
This New Orleans Antiques Dealer’s Stylish Home Doubles as Her Art Studio
A former lawyer, Karina Gentinetta has achieved second-act success as a furniture gallerist and painter.
Get to Know the Artists Who Led the Op Art Movement
In the 1960s and '70s, the hypnotic creations of Op artists went mainstream and influenced the look of pop culture.
Michelangelo’s Drawings Show the Soul Behind His Masterpieces
A new exhibition of works on paper by the legendary Italian artist mines the holdings of Holland's Teylers Museum.